Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jun 10, 2006, 10:57 PM   #11

I dont mean to 'steal' the thread, but it appears that the answer for the original question was found.What I'm curious about is if everyone's Sigma moves if pointed at the sky...i.e. shooting at 200mm pointed upwards causes the lens to turn.* Conversely, pointing downwards causes the lens to come out..i.e. shooting at 18mm pointed at the floor causes the lens to creep downwards.Just curious.
Wowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:47 AM   #12

Wowzer wrote:
Quote:
I dont mean to 'steal' the thread, but it appears that the answer for the original question was found.What I'm curious about is if everyone's Sigma moves if pointed at the sky...i.e. shooting at 200mm pointed upwards causes the lens to turn.� Conversely, pointing downwards causes the lens to come out..i.e. shooting at 18mm pointed at the floor causes the lens to creep downwards.Just curious.
Ya I noticed that gravity made it a lot EASIER to turn, It doesn't turn on its own, but if it loosens up much more then it probably will. And the zoom lock only works at 18mm so its kind of useless..

"you must have misunderstood. My point was that the Sigma is a grand lens for above average light conditions. Yourshots are great and the light conditions you had when you shot them are pretty good."

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't have called that the best lighting conditions either. It was late in the evening and I only used ISO 200 and 400. Because of the apperature I see your point, but daytime outdoors the lens is fine, its the night shots and late dusk / early dawn that you would need a tripod.
Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 1:15 AM   #13

So this means that my lens is loose.* I just bought it, does this mean that Sigma will 'fix' it for free?BTW- Lex, those are awesome pictures. Do you have the shot data for these pictures loaded as well?
Wowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 2:35 AM   #14

Wowzer wrote:
Quote:
So this means that my lens is loose.� I just bought it, does this mean that Sigma will 'fix' it for free?BTW- Lex, those are awesome pictures. Do you have the shot data for these pictures loaded as well?
I'm not sure if sigma will fix it, But you can email or call them and ask, Because mine definitely isn't loose enough to turn on its own.

The EXIF data should be still in the pictures, you might have to download the full size pic to see it though (in an EXIF viewer), but on my website there should be at least the Shutter speed and apperature of each picture (Just below the picture)

Thanks for the comments
Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:18 AM   #15

Inside I never use auto white balance on any camera. On the three pictures I could see more improvement because they all look wrong assuming the wall is white.

I did a colorcast(white balance)fix in PSEon all three images and if you assume the light switch is white they all turn out the same.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote