Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jun 17, 2006, 7:16 AM   #11
Administrator

You're right. I checked a while back and Circuit City had them (at $899) when everyone else was out (and some people managed to get them at 10% off of that price when they were running a sale on any accessories you bought with a DSLR).

But, It looks like CC is out of stock everywhere now, too.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 12:45 PM   #12

CC, Best Buy, Comp USA.... all out of stock here too. I was seriously wishing one of'um had it in stock - not sure if they do price matching, but I was planning on printing out Ritz's advertised price and seeing if they'd match it - Ritz has a couple of stores here, so it could be said that it is a locally advertised price (and not an internet price).... ah well....
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 6:59 PM   #13

Sorry to hear how difficult it is to get this lens.

My dumb luck kicked in this past Monday when I went in to my local camera shop dealerand lo and behold he got four Nikon D200's and one was a kit with the 18mm-200mm VR lens. I only went in to have my ink cartridge refilled but I decided that it was now or never since summer is in gear and I have been waiting for this camera since it was announced. I did not even consider the lens until I started to read about it and well I have to say it is worth the wait.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 9:10 PM   #14

Good for you!!! Well at least it's good to hear that they are still producing the lens. I was starting to wonder if Nikon was having problems with the lens. I have been hearing all kinds of rumors. Hopefully, this will be my week. I thought I would be okay ordering from one of the big buys in the industry but it looks like Nikon is only sending a few to each distributor per week (just my guess). Enjoy your new kit.

I see that Sony/Minolta has put "image stabilzation" into the camera body instead of the lens. I hope Nikon is doing the same with the new models. I hope to graduate to a newer model soon.
splatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:36 PM   #15

Congrats on your purchase! That's a whole lot of camera, and a whole lot of lens. Enjoy!

I guess the rest of us will continue to hunt down this unicorn of a lens. The only real way I know this Lens even exists is by second and third hand accounts of 18-200 VRII sightings.... kinda like Bigfoot, or Loch Ness....

Aloha-

Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 7:15 PM   #16

LOL, ditto.
splatt is offline   Reply With Quote