Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jul 20, 2006, 5:58 PM   #1
Log

just arrived on time from BH. Its a nice lens and not too heavy... its got the standard 70-300 (105-450) zoom which is pretty versatile. the macro function is alright, but still only 1:2.focusing isa little bit noisy (especially compared to the 18-55 kit lens with my d50) but nothing im going to woryy about.in all actuality the focus is pretty good... hunts a little in low contrast and light but thats totally normal for this lens. (nothing surprising)i just needed more reach than 55!its seems pretty sharp wide open but looks better stopped down 1 or 2 steps. this is the perfect addition to a starting lens collection and is great for the price (mine was $219 at bh) im sure ill have it for about a year than i will upgrade to the 100-300 f4 most likely... but then again that 50-500 looks pretty attractive... who knows... ill see when the tme comes... for now im going to enjoy my new toy!

-Logan

Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2006, 7:06 AM   #2

I'm going to buy this one Nikkor AF-G 70-300mm F/4,0-5,6, this one doesn't have macro, but I heard it's pretty good lens.

Would you like to post some test images with your sigma, so I get some idea what I'm going to get. You know I'm new to dSLR world.
jutei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 3:12 PM   #3
Log

after playing with the macro mode here are2 that came out pretty good.

-Logan

ill post some more of various things later... too overcast to get good shutter speeds for birds...

i think im really beginning to like this lens :-)

Attached Images

Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 8:16 PM   #4

wow!!

Great pics..sharp and colorful..maybe I should buy that lens too!!!
jutei is offline   Reply With Quote