Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:57 PM   #1

hi, i've just purchased the Nikon L1 on ebay and it included a 1GBSDmemory card--80X speed ultima2 brand:Silcon Power.

When i inserted it in my camera i immediatley saw---"This card cannot be used" and the camera sort of freezes (the error will still appear though) and you cannot do anything. if i remove it i could take pictures with it's 10mb internal memory whichholds only 4images.I already formatted the memory card but the problem still remained the same.

Can anyone kindly help me out please?

Thanks.

trendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:08 PM   #2

Know anyone else with a digital camera that takes SD cards? If so, try the card in their camera. If it works, then chances are it isn't the card. Use the friend's SD card in your new camera. If it formats okay and works, then it's probably the SD card that has the problem.

No friend? Maybe a camera store will let you try out one of their cards.

If you find a fault with either the card or camera, contact the ebay merchant and work out an arrangement to return one or both for an exchange or refund.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 3:17 AM   #3

Hello, Thanks for your reply i'm going to a camera store this weekend and check it out. Will keep you informed.

Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 3:03 AM   #4

I went to the camera store yesterday and the salesman told me that the memory card doesn't fit with the camera. but he didn't want me to try other cards because they were sealed.

He also told me that if the camera was faulty there would be the "system error" not "this card cannot be used". is it true?

Thanks.

J.C
Old Sep 11, 2006, 3:36 AM   #5

I went to the camera store yesterday and the salesman told me that the memory card doesn't fit with the camera. but he didn't want me to try other cards because they were sealed.

He also told me that if the camera was faulty there would be the "system error" not "this card cannot be used". is it true?

Thanks.

J.C
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:03 PM   #6

can anyone tell me what FAT should I use to format my card in a Nikon Coolpics L1 please?? The card is----1GB ULTIMA2 80XSPEED brand:SILICON POWER

please help!!!!