Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:23 AM   #1

My camera will not go to the high or raw size format.I can access basic,normal,fine.Also,My card that I got with the camera (16 bit)which usually holds only12pics in the fine mode size now is recording up to over 60 pics and more.My 128 bit card says it will hold 999 pics in the fine mode.This never did that before.

My question is what is going on with this camera that it adds so much memory to my cards and will not access the two highest size formats.

Any help would be apppreciated.Thanks John
mountain man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:34 PM   #2

Sounds like a weird problem, Mountain Man...

Unless the camera is starting to malfunction, I don't know why you can't access RAW or Hi. You should be able to get into RAW or Hi through pressing the upper rear button with the arrow on it located on the left side of the camera while rotating the command dial until you are in Full size mode. For some reason, there is no icon displayed for Full size, but the LCD window on top of the camera will show "2560" in the upper right corner. When you are in Full size mode, then you should be able to push the same button with the arrow on it -- without touching the command dial this time -- to cycle through the image quality settings of Normal, Fine, Hi, Raw and Basic. You can only get into Raw or Hi quality mode if you are in Full size mode.

The camera isn't adding memory to your cards, it's just recording in one of the smaller image sizes -- like VGA. That's the only way you could be getting that much capacity from your cards. Unless there's something wrong with the camera, you should be able to cycle through the Image Size choices with the button-press-while-rotating-Command Dial procedure that I outlined above.

I hope that some of this is useful and that the camera isn't on the fritz!

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 7:56 AM   #3

Thanks Grant .I will try what you said ... mountain man
mountain man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:15 PM   #4

Thanks for the tip mountain man! Had the same situation, haven't been able to get out of SXGA for a week!
Pomegranates is offline   Reply With Quote