Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 9, 2003, 12:39 PM   #1

Default 4300 Manual Focus and Self-Timer

I bought a Nikon because of its widely acclaimed macro capabilities. I use manual focus to ensure my closeup is in focus. I use a tripod and the self-timer to guard against upsetting the focus. When I press the shutter to start the self-timer, however, the camera goes into auto-focus and destroys my manually focused composition. What's with this? How do I disable the auto-focus and keep it off while the self-timer does its thing?

Also, you can manually set the shutter speed and aperture. However, I find that I can't set the aperture smaller than f7.8, severely limiting my depth of field. What's with this?
gmatting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2003, 5:55 AM   #2

I encountered the same as what you mentioned earlier which is taking closeup picture under manual mode, still it did the auto-focus after press the shutter. Does our Nikon CP4300 has the shutter speed and aperture setting for manual mode??According to some reviews web page Nikon provides good MACRO function. WHAT IS SO CALLED MACRO, IS MACRRO MEANS CLOSEUP???
vuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 6:06 PM   #3

if you hit the self timer button before you press the shutter release then it will cancel the manual focus. i run into this problem so often, make sure you have the self timer set before you set manual focus. you will end up having to re-focus it with each shot and it does waste time, wish nikon would have done something about this...
Cyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 6:45 PM   #4

How to set the self timer??
vuzu is offline   Reply With Quote