Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 10, 2003, 5:48 PM   #1

Default CoolPix SQ video limit?

The review says it's limited to recording 40 seconds of video, is this limit due to the 16mb card or can the camera only record 40 seconds at once even if the card can store more?

I might get this camera but not if it can only record 40 seconds.

Thanks
ch2s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2003, 3:36 PM   #2

why should you be worried about how long the movies can be? its a digital camera, not a digital video camera so it isnt designed for movies, thats a pretty bad reason to choose a digital camera, if you want movies, buy a video camera...
Cyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2003, 3:48 PM   #3

I want a camera that can take high quality pictures and I also want to be able to record a few minutes of video (I don't care if the quality isnt as good as a real video camera). Anyway my main use is photos, but I still want to be able to record without limits (except card capacity).

Anyway I saw sample images from the Coolpix SQ and they are horrible (as much noise as a $30 camera). I am now 99% sure I will get the Milnolta Dimage Xt, it doesn't use outdated CF cards like the nikon, it records unlimited video like I want and is a much better picture quality.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 10:59 PM   #4

well, i wasn't suggesting the sq...

and what are you talking about, outdated cf cards?! what? how are they outdated?
Cyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2003, 11:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrage
well, i wasn't suggesting the sq...

and what are you talking about, outdated cf cards?! what? how are they outdated?
Maybe not outdated but all my devices use the newer SD cards so I prefer to stay with SD. Anyway I have still chnaged my mind, I don't want the Minolta now but the Sony CD350, it records to 3 inch CDs so it's an amazing $1.49 per 156MB! It also records very good quality video (640x480) but it is bigger but I think its worth it for everyhting it does more.