Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 14, 2006, 5:49 AM   #1

ive had this camera for a good 3 years now and its been fine, slow at times but fine.. lately when i ahve used it.. i turn the camera on and the view screen is totally black. it is on the camera setting. but the image that i am looking at is 100% black and the fotos turn out black.. i have fiddled around to c if any settings have been cahnged, nothing has been changed. i took out the batteries once to see if it was them and blew into where they are stored and then put them back in and turned it on, and it cleared the screen and i cud take photos that were aweosme.. when i turn the camera off for awhile and turn it back on.. the screen will sometimes come up black. and i hvae to take the batteries out n turn it back on acouple times then it works.. it isnt a major problem but when ur about to take a foto of alot of people and it doesnt work then u can probably see why it wud be annoying..

any help would be much appreciated

john
Johnny87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2006, 8:31 PM   #2

This might be a real stretch, but unless there's something wrong with the electronics, have you ever checked the front of the lens when this problem occurs? It just might be that the built-in lens "cap" that is supposed to retract when the camera is powered on is jammed so that it stays closed -- providing no image and a black picture.

If these curtains are jammed, there might be a little peice of lint or some sand interfering with smooth operation. Or, one or both curtains might be a little warped from some kind of physical impact.

Likely it isn't this, but sometimes it's the simplest explanation that turns out to be right.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 3:02 AM   #3

thanx for your suggestions, i took it apart, saw nothing wrong n cleaned it abit.. the problem still occurs and the shutter part doesnt look any different when it does / doesnt occur... mite just put up with it till chrissy..
cheers
Johnny87 is offline   Reply With Quote