Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 2, 2003, 1:35 PM   #1

Default Does 4300 have Shutter or Aperture Priority Settings?

I'm very frustrated with my 4300. I don't like shooting with flash and therefore, the majority of my pictures are blurred. Does the 4300 allow for any Shutter or Aperture Priority? If so, please tell me how. I'm used to shooting with an 8008. Thanks.
KathyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2003, 2:36 AM   #2

Hi, I just bought a CP4300 myself. I'm a newbie and after experimenting with the camera a bit. I discovered the same thing that you did. CP4300 has no aperture or shutter priority modes. You just have to make sure that there is sufficient light or use the flash or use a tripod and make sure the subject does not move. I had a bunch of indoor shots that came out blurry because shutter speed was ranging from 1/2 to 1/8.

But I learned that even with aperture or shutter priority, if there's insufficient light, you cannot avoid blurry pictures without a tripod or the subject staying still. The aperture can only open up to a maximum of f2.8, and at manual setting, the CP4300 allows you to adjust the shutter speed. That's all you can do for now, I suppose.
harman_faiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2003, 5:48 PM   #3

Default Shutter speed in manual?

In the manual mode I see the 1/125 on the screen but how do I change it?
Old Jul 6, 2003, 12:56 PM   #4

You can change the shutter speed by pressing the delete/exp button together with either up or down on the directional pad. If you press the delete/exp button together with either left or right on the d-pad, you can change the aperture to smallest or biggest.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 2:04 PM   #5

Thank you! That's a good trick to know. From what I can tell, this is only for Manual Mode, right?
Old Jul 8, 2003, 8:44 AM   #6

Yes, with the exposure settings in the Menu set to M. If it is set to P, then you can only the exposure values - the camera will decide on aperture and shutter speed. In the P setting, the camera may change the aperture to a size in between the minimum and maximum. So, I would think it's a good choice if you have enough lighting e.g. outdoors.