Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 5, 2003, 6:10 PM   #1

Default 4500 wide-angle with flash on?

If I don't change to the wide angle setting I can use the WC24 attachment with fill in flash. Why then would I need to change from standard lense to wide mode where flash is disabled? What benefit is there switching to the dedicated wide angle attachment setting?

What is the best battery to use, I heard there is one superior to the Nikon.

Many thanks
jazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2003, 7:44 PM   #2

Default Re: 4500 wide-angle with flash on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazbo
If I don't change to the wide angle setting I can use the WC24 attachment with fill in flash. Why then would I need to change from standard lense to wide mode where flash is disabled? What benefit is there switching to the dedicated wide angle attachment setting?
The camera does not have to be set to wide angle in order to use any lens. Setting the camera to a particular lens means that the camera will zoom in or our in order to maximize the benefit of using that particular lens. Taking the WC-E24 as an example, the camera will zoom its lens out to the shortest focal length so that the combined one would be 24mm (35mm equivalent). This is the only benefit we have. In my experience, I have never used this setting. Please refer to the "Converter Lenses" section of my 4500 user guide for more details.

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500 user guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote