Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:24 PM   #11

so what did you do .

colors seem richer .

nice .....

we had some fireworks at home last nite here is one of my favourites .

using scene , fireworks mode and hand held

matt
Attached Images

ozematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 3:49 AM   #12

ozematt wrote:
Quote:
so what did you do .

colors seem richer .

nice .....

we had some fireworks at home last nite here is one of my favourites .

using scene , fireworks mode and hand held

matt
Just a few adjustments of sharpness, brightening and saturation.

Nice firework pic, I wonder how video mode works on those firework displays

here's oneI picked up on the web http://www.crusha.com/gifs/fireworksGrandFinale.gif

musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 8:38 PM   #13

Hi there,

I am new owner of P5000, but since I returned

fuji f40fd
pentax optio A40
sony sdc w200

in last month and a half, I want to wait at least for few more weeks before final decision. So far it looks good, I agree with you, but....you know bad expirience and few very disapointing cameras ( and they all got great reviews...???).

I was so pissed that I almost bought Cannon G7. What the hell for??? I just want some nice family pictures that I was getting for few years with my Casio qvr 40 (or similar). I did not even know which Casio was that, I was just using it.

I hope this will be it.....
You pictures are just great- they are giving me hope....If I return more cameras they will arest me...

dea62
dea62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 8:28 PM   #14

See my other (emply) message thread on the P5000. It is so nice in soeem ways, but shot to shot and auto focus speeds are way too slow. Lens at the long end is way too slow even in bright light. My 7 year old Oympus C3000 was F2.8 at all ranges, I wish the P5000 was!Those are the 3 huge problems with P5000.

This image is only 33% of the original. Cropped full res image was too big to post, you can see every feather. I put the camera on a tripod in the continuous time lapse mode - one full res picture every 30s.
Attached Images

Erics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:14 AM   #15

I was very much inclined to buy P-500.But put it on hold after reading so many bad reviews.Now after viewing your image, I am having the second thought again.Well nice post'.Post the other extreme of too at I will know what P-500 is capable of
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 6:40 PM   #16

The P5000 photos all look great. One compaint about the camera in a couple of review is that the auto focus is very slow. This eliminates shooting action shots, including children playing. This would be a deal breaker for me. Any thoughts?
ansdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:59 PM   #17

Hi

Before we got P5000, I also read that camera is slow, cant get good pics of kids running around....bla bla. But some rivews were good so we decide to go for it.

I am no expert, not even close, and I manage to get amazing pics of soccer game. No mater how hard I beg them to freeze, they keep running. So I took the pics anyway.
And I did it from quite far away - so I got to use zoom (VR setting ) and what a good job camera did. Sharp and clear just as I like it.
When you buy camera ask first how long you can return it. Most places will give you 2 weeks at least. Buy it, try it, use it and than decide it.
You cannot take for granted what some people might think. Whatever works for you and your needs.

dea
dea62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 5:49 AM   #18

hello all

im sorry i havent posted for a while but i have been out using my p5000 for one month inmalaysia/ borneo and the maldives.

wow what a holiday ,

the p5000 peformed well,,,,, only fault i would say is batt life is a bit short ,,,, but i just have a spare batt that i carry with me when i go out for a days shooting.

i actually purchaced a Ikelite underwater housing and did a lot of underwater shooting . i combined it with 2 Inon underwater strobes and a inon wide lense and macro lense all for underwater use.

the camera worked well. anyone who has shot images underwater will know that its quite challenging to get good images while diving..

we spent part of our trip at a resort called Layang Layang north of Borneo and participated in a photo contest . i was lucky enough to get a 3rd place in the macro section and won a nikon d40 , a accom/diving/meal package for sipidan and a watch,,,,, wow. no one was more suprised than me .

anyway i like my p5000 , it works for me and i get nice photos that i and aparently some others like. yes it does have some faults but all in all its a good camera

so here are some of my underwater shots

regards

matt
Attached Images

Old Jul 24, 2007, 5:55 AM   #19

some baracuda
Attached Images

Old Jul 24, 2007, 5:58 AM   #20

and a sea fan (gorgonia ) with feather star.

Attached Images