Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:59 PM   #1

Default problem with built in flash coolpix 5700

Hi, tonight i tried to take a picture with the built in flash, the red light with SB are constantly flashing like the flash is in the process of recharging...nothing happens. I didn't change anything previously. Then I put the 1,2,3, settings to zero. Nothing.The flash didn't even open by itself. After I took off the battery and the memory card for a few hours, the flash did open but no light is flashing from that flash.

I need help. Just bought the camera 18 days ago.

Thanks

Nancy
chanelle2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2003, 5:12 PM   #2

Incredible, I just had the same problem on 8/1/003.

I called nikon and the rep seemed like he had heard of this problem before, but when I asked him he kind of blew it off.

Regardless, I will be sending mine in for repairs.
tommy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 11:23 PM   #3

Hi, since i posted my message, i went to the shop where i bought my coolpix and explained that i found out on forums that pop up flash problem is knowed from Nikon and appeared almost since the coolpix is on the market. They gave me a brand new one. I had the first one for 21 days when they changed it but the problem appeared after 18 days. A lot of people had their coolpix repaired 2 or 3 times before Nikon changed their camera for a new one. It is a shame that Nikon is not changing any camera having a known problem. Each time they repaired, they had to change it , anyway, for a brand new one.

I hope that my new coolpix will not have any other problem. I got it 5 days ago and took about 1000 pictures at the Masters of Tennis in MOntreal. Tough i didn't use the flash that much this week, everything else is working fine.

I cross my fingers for the future.

Good luck to anybody having problems with the coolpix 5700.

By the way, the shop i dealed with is LL Lozeau in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Nancy
chanelle2710 is offline   Reply With Quote