Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:49 PM   #1

Default Nikon 2100 dark photos when I tranfer to my PC

Hi, I have a Nikon 2100 but when I transfer my pics to my PC the indoor photos like dark . In LCD looks good , have any idea??

Thanks
molte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2003, 3:29 PM   #2

post some sample photos....
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 3:41 PM   #3

Sounds like a mismatch between the LCD and computer monitor. You might have to adjust the monitor to match the LCD or vice versa.
rodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 8:35 PM   #4

The problem is when I use the flash, this pics are dark when I transfer
molte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 6:16 PM   #5

Default RE: dark pcis

I have the same problem with my Nikon 3100....

I took over 100 pictures at a wedding last week.... yet almost all pictures taken indoors were dark... those taken outside where it was well lit were ok.

I think the flash might not be powerfull enough. I had to go thru the pics on my computer and adjust the brightness/contrast to make them visible.

Thing is they look fine on the camera... but i've tried them on 3 PC's and their dark

COuld it something to do with white balance or something???? The pics were taken in auto mode!

All help & comments appreciated!
George
gsorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 3:20 PM   #6

Default LCD/ Monitor mismatch.

I took 70 pictures at my uncle's 50th wedding anniversary yestereday with my Nikon 5400. All of them came out UNDEREXPOSED because I relied on the Nikon's LCD screen. Reviewing my pictures while shooting, I adjusted my built-in flash to -1 EV because they looked OVEREXPOSED on the LCD screen.

The one picture that was correctly exposed appeared OVEREXPOSED when reviewed on the camera LCD. I almost DELETED the picture because it looked washed-out with all the hightligts blown out.

My camera's LCD is adjustable so I'm darkening the LCD screen to match my computer monitor to better represent the final picture. I will test the new setting for bright outdoors since it's possible I may have to use different settings for indoors and outdoors.

This goes to show the importance to calibrating your LCD screen, your computer screen and printer for exposure and color balance.
rodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote