Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:43 AM   #1

I have a Nikon CoolPix 995 that I have had since new and it has always worked well, with no problems till now. Last night I had been taking some pictures and when I tried to turn it back on about 20 minutes after the last pictures, it wouldn't come on. I assumed I had killed the battery after a lot of flash pictures. I have since tried several other charged batteries as well as plugging in a power adapter, and I get nothing in any of the positions on the power switch. I checked the contacts for the battery, checked for voltage on both the battery and the power cord, and tried tapping around the switch as well as wiggling it gently. Any other ideas, or is it time to declare it dead and move on?

Thanks, Norman
nrabek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:01 AM   #2
Administrator

Try a different CompactFlash card if you have not done so already. Sometimes a failed card can keep a camera from powering up.

Make sure to try all dials, switches and buttons, in case one got stuck in between positions, partially shorting, etc.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:15 PM   #3

I have tried several different batteries as well as a couple of CF cards as well as no card, and have tried wiggling all the switches and buttons and running them through various combinations, but get nary a flicker. I'm guessing that it is the switch, or a wire from the battery. Any ideas on that?
nrabek is offline   Reply With Quote