Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 23, 2002, 9:57 PM   #1

Default Failure to download some images

I recently purchased a Nikon 995 along with assessories including two 125MB CompactFlash Cards. Setting the camera to Normal UXGA to obtain the most images with the best quality, I shot approx 300 images on card one and approx 234 images on the other. When I downloaded the images to my computer only 200 images on the first card transferred while 174 images transferred on the second card.
I got no error messages during the downloads and ALL the images are visible on the camera's view screen along with all picture data information. I manually deleted the images that downloaded from the second card but the remaining images were not available on the computer (but still visible on the camera's screen). I even shot an extra image but it is also not visible on my computer.
There are some very nice photos on the cards that did not transfer, does anyone know why this happened? Is there a way to save these "invisible" images? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks.
glennsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2002, 11:50 AM   #2

Is there any pattern to the images that did not download? Such as did it not download after a certain number or does it appear to be random?
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2002, 11:08 PM   #3

There did not seem to be a pattern to which would not download. On one card, 200 of 300+ images would work while on the other card 174 of 234 images would download. One thing I did notice today, however, was that I was using the 'thumbnail' part of the viewing program to download the images. Just on a whim, today I tried the download on the first Nikon screen that comes up when I turn my camera on and ALL the images downloaded on both cards. So I guess the question is, why couldn't it see or download these extra pictures while in the thumbnail mode?
glennsp is offline   Reply With Quote