Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:21 PM   #1

I have the cool pix2 camera and when i want to take photos inside without the flash i getall blurry shots. The red shake indicator is always on when i remove the flash setting from Auto flash when i am in auto shoot mode. Is there any way to solve this problem please would be great help since i have been dealing with this problem for over 1 year...
jwdevalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:14 AM   #2

Try a tripod or the self timer option, otherwiseyou might have to get a camera with image stabilizer or a slr.
rougevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:35 AM   #3

Another one is bbs(best shot selector) if your camera has it(it should).
rougevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 1:18 AM   #4

If you don't want to use a tripod (and it's a good suggestion) you can experiment with increasing the ISO setting in aperture priority mode. Set the largest aperture you have (smallest f/number) and crank up your ISO so that you get a shutter speed faster than the speeds you were using when you get the blurry photos. You should be able to view the EXIF data on most image viewers/editors to get the shutter speed used during the bad shots.

The downside about increasing ISO is that you'll increase the digital noise levels, too. If you can get an ISO that's high enough to let you use a shutter speed that won't blur (or won't blur as much), you might find the lack of blur offset by a major increase in noise. Play around and try to use the lowest ISO that gives you a shutter speed that gives you better results than you've been getting. Try to squeeze the shutter release button smoothly, too. Don't jab it. An aggresive shutter release finger can jerk the whole camera and add significantly to blur due to camera shake.

If you can't find an ISO/shutter speed combination that works for you, you're stuck with using the flash, using a tripod, or getting a camera with better low-light capabilities.

Keep in mind that a slow shutter sped on a tripod will only eliminate blur due to camera shake, it won't help with subject motion blur. Only a higher shutter speed will lessen blur from subject motion.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote