Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 26, 2002, 4:23 PM   #1

Default Coolpix 2500 owners

So, I can put any size CF-I card in my camera and it will work fine, correct? I know this is a dumb question, but I only see advertisements up to 256mb for the CF cameras I am looking at on ssdonline. I'm guessing they're advertising the ones people buy most often. After reading a few reviews, I'm thinking about buying the Kingston HiSp 256 MB CF card. It performed very well in the tests I saw. My only question is, will my camera be able to take advantage of the speed of this CF card? If it can't, I'll buy the cheapest CF-I I can find. I realize that the 4500 and up could use a fast card, but for $300, I can't expect too much.

Thoughts?

[Edited on 2002-7-26 by wibble]
wibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2002, 4:47 PM   #2

if speed/cost is what you want there is a somewhat compromise. i've been looking into ridata. they make a 21x 512MB cf card. i have heard there name thrown about a few times on the boards here. they have no real rep in this country (US). the best price i've seen is approx $192 US and $14 shipping from of all places Australia(that would be down under) DHL
http://www.powerinnumbers.com.au/
it seems people are happy with the quick service and the product. i think i'm going to take a chance with them myself. only thing it's a lifetime warrantee (per their site) sent back to them in Oz.

i have email them 2x today. they have gotten back to me extremely quick and have been very forthcoming

[Edited on 7-26-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2002, 5:15 PM   #3

Wibble,
You might chech crucial.com for memory. They are part of Micron . Lifetime warrenty, 2nd day fedex (free). $99.XX for 256 meg.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2002, 6:00 PM   #4

Crucial tech-the results were kind of slow for their branded cards regretfully. i do a bit of business with them.

[Edited on 7-26-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2002, 7:39 PM   #5

Ok, so to clarify their memory is kind of slow but... will that make any difference on the 2500? It's not exactly a super speedy camera to start with. I doubt it can even write data as fast as the disk will allow. I would like to find some really technical specs on the camera so I can see it's write/read speeds. Too bad I haven't found any yet.
wibble is offline   Reply With Quote