Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 10, 2002, 10:16 AM   #1

Default Coolpix 5000 accessories

I recently purchased Nikon's Coolpix 5000 digital camera and have since been looking for a number of accessories but have not been successful in locating any. These accessories include filters, rings to attach them, viewer hood, and the 2x telephoto lens and its attachment ring.

I contacted a number of retailers and have not found any who have these in stock. Are these accessories available in the market at all? I would appreciate any information as to which store I can contact.

Another question is which ring would I need to attach these coolpix filters to the camera.

Thanks.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2002, 8:01 AM   #2

Default Lack of Nikon 5000 Adapter rings

The only assessory for the Nikon 5000 the is readily available is the ENL1 battery. Probably because it is used by other models. I ordered a TC-E3 Tele-photo adapter and a UR-6 step-down ring in February. The adapter came after 8 weeks but the step-down ring is still on order. I ordered from RITZ camera. I've complained to RITZ and Nikon but no real response. I imagine they (Nikon) really want to sell the 5700 now which ahs a buit in tele photo lens that's more powerful than the 5000 with the tele-photo adapter
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:07 PM   #3

Have you tried www.bhphoto.com they seem to have a good selection od Nikon products.
Louise Parrish
Louise Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:33 PM   #4

Default Nikon 5000 accessories

Louise,

I checked and every site is out of stock for the Nikon 5000 adpater ring accessories, without them you can't use the tele-photo converter lens that are available. I have a lens that I paid $265.00 for in February, I still don't have the adapter ring I ordered at the same time.

Bill
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:55 PM   #5

Default Coolpix 5000 Acessories in Japan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nadir
Another question is which ring would I need to attach these coolpix filters to the camera.
Nikon service to US digicam users seems abominable. I don't know how delivery is Japan, but a search on BestGate
http://www.bestgate.net/
(a Japanese 'net commerce pricing site)
located the UR-E6 adapter ring at several shops for JPY 1,200--1,400 (list is JPY 1,500). Only one specifically stated that a special order has to be made.
I don't think that you will have much luck putting in overseas orders to any Japanese retailer.

A full list of Coolpix 5000 accessories is available at
http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/produ..._accessory.htm

You can feed the page to a translation site.
anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2002, 8:57 PM   #6

wsandman1

Please try www.wolfcamera.com (they are here in New York City), I found batteries there that I could not find anywhere else. Good Luck.

Louise
Louise Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2002, 10:23 AM   #7

i couldn't find any accessories for my CP5000 either. till i bought a "Coolfix Variable Adapter" from this site. he's not cheap, but it works wonderful. Plus with the "Coolfix Variable Adapter" i am able to use other accessories other than Nikon brand. For example, i can use Tiffen wide and tele photo converters (which are 1/2 the price of nikons and offer excellent image quality).

check out the site.

http://members.rogers.com/nextphoto/

he has good service too.
jahfakin is offline   Reply With Quote