Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 20, 2008, 7:52 PM   #1

All,

Nice camera, LOVE the swivel for taking odd car shots and etc without having to crawl in a hole or stand on a chair! Took it on a trip earlier this year, sat in it's case on the rear seat the entire time, never used it, took it out when I got home.... Went to use it a week or so later and noticed that the RH third or so of the pictures and rear display were blurry! :sad:

Camera was never dropped.... Up until this, took great pictures, for what I needed it to do.

Bought a small Kodak just to fill in, but miss the swivel. Coolpix has been sitting ever since.......

Looked thru the forum here, but don't see any issues like mine. I found the 990 or 950 manual I think from Nikon.com, but don't recally seeing any issues like this in the book......

Besides shoveling more cash out for yet another camera, does anyone have any ideas??? (I've tried the remove batt's, set to default, but no help.)

Seems odd that it works for most of the picture, but not on the RH side, but I'm not a digital camera expert..... just a digital expert.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve
fastmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:47 AM   #2
Administrator

Are the menu choices on the right side of the display blurry? If so, it's probably an LCD problem. Are the images blurred on the right side when viewed on a PC Monitor? If not, you may not want to worry about it.

If it's not just the LCD on the camera, I'd suspect a loose or shifted optical element in the lens (although I guess it's possible that the CCD itself is misaligned).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:07 PM   #3

Unfortunately, the images are blurred when viewed on a PC. The menus are not blurred......

Is this something that I could tackle with the instructions???? OR leave it to a pro.... I'm a pro.....just not with cameras!

Thanks!

Steve
fastmerc is offline   Reply With Quote