Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 29, 2002, 4:48 AM   #1

Default Teleconverters for Coolpix 5700

Has anyone ever been using any tele conventers for Coolpix 5700 or has experience with it ?

I'd like to buy one but Nikon offers only TC-E15ED (1.5 x). I found converters from Kenko (about 6 x !) but don't know if they are usuable with 5700. I know that lenses for 5000 can't be used... (Am I wrong ?)

I'm a complete "green horn" about conventers maybe someone can help me or know someone ? Any WWW site with examples or something ?
bbrylins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2002, 11:11 AM   #2

at 280mm built in, a tele converter can't be very big before you are better of with a telscope.
Steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 12:22 PM   #3
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bbrylins
Has anyone ever been using any tele conventers for Coolpix 5700 or has experience with it ?

I'd like to buy one but Nikon offers only TC-E15ED (1.5 x). I found converters from Kenko (about 6 x !) but don't know if they are usuable with 5700. I know that lenses for 5000 can't be used... (Am I wrong ?)

I'm a complete "green horn" about conventers maybe someone can help me or know someone ? Any WWW site with examples or something ?

I just posted a couple of pictures on the Coolpix 5700 Sample Photos page using both the new TC-E15ED and the WC-E80 converter lenses.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...0_samples.html

The TC-E15ED is fairly small and lightweight and very easy to use. I wouldn't stick any Kenko or other 3rd party lens on the 5700 and expect acceptable results.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:05 PM   #4

Thank You very much ;-))) Best Regards Bartek
bbrylins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2002, 9:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by steve

I just posted a couple of pictures on the Coolpix 5700 Sample Photos page using both the new TC-E15ED and the WC-E80 converter lenses.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...0_samples.html

The TC-E15ED is fairly small and lightweight and very easy to use. I wouldn't stick any Kenko or other 3rd party lens on the 5700 and expect acceptable results.

-Steve
The sharpness of the nikon converter is amazing. Much better than I would have expected. I look forward to getting one (12x optical zoom -- Wow)
brdavid is offline   Reply With Quote