Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:23 AM   #1051

hi all, look the first photo made with P90.
the color seems blue but in reality it is dark purple.
With my P90 I can not photograph this color type. Instead with my cellular (samsung omnia hd) I did it immediately (second photo). Any suggestions?
Attached Images

oppid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:10 AM   #1052

hi im newbie here..

just got my nikon P90 few days ago...

sample pics... great cam!!!
Attached Images

RCL0527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:05 PM   #1053

Hi there,

I read through about half of this thread and I'm feeling encouraged toward the P90, but I'm hoping for some feedback.

Here's the scenario. I have a Canon point and shoot camera which has served me really well for a year. But my hubby took my camera overseas with him and told me to go camera shopping for myself and to get myself an upgrade. I don't necessarily want to go all the way to DSLR ... I'm reluctant to spend $700-800 on a camera and still need to buy extras for it after that.

I think my Canon is 12MP with a bit of zoom but nothing huge. And it takes good pictures, but it does lack in certain applications, like low lighting or in large rooms like a gym or auditorium.

He was looking at the Kodak Z981, it offers 14MP and 26X optical zoom... plus some toys... and it's under $400 at Staples but I don't know much about it or how good a camera it will be?

I did spend some time on the weekend with a Canon Rebel EOS and that was really REALLY fun as I've never handled a DSLR before ... although someone else there had a Fuji that was similar and they really liked that one... and then someone else told me to go Nikon... it seems like it all comes down to preference.

I guess I'm looking for suggestions on cameras that would meet my need for a "better" camera, or a confirmation that the P90 will work for me. I'm not a pro by any stretch, but I would like to get back into the amateur photography hobby that I have gotten away from in the last few years.

I need one that can handle:

- shots of my kids running around (indoor and out)
- sports (mostly kids soccer, swim and dance but occasionally motocross or racing)
- portraits that I can print out to 8x10 or 16x20
- indoor shots in a gym or auditorium (my cell phone handles this better than my Canon, but maybe just because I haven't learned it well enough)
- outdoor shots both close up and far-off that I can use online and/or in print

I want it to have a good flash for indoor settings... a good optical zoom (don't much care about digital zoom)... I want it to be able to auto-focus because I need to be able to take quick shots and I don't want to be stuck fiddling... and I don't want to completely break the bank.

The idea of macro sounds cool; I used to have a Kodak years ago that had it but I never did much with it. Some toys would be fun but I'm not really hung up on needing things like automatically posting to Facebook. LOL

So after all that rambling... am I on the right track with the Nikon, or should I be looking at something else?
kaaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:05 PM   #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppid View Post
hi all, look the first photo made with P90.
the color seems blue but in reality it is dark purple.
With my P90 I can not photograph this color type. Instead with my cellular (samsung omnia hd) I did it immediately (second photo). Any suggestions?
It looks purple, not blue to me. Maybe darken it a tad in your photo editor and it will be what you want... sometimes a camera will shoot on the light side in default mode. It depends on what settings you use. I usually will set my camera to shoot .3 or .7 underexposed most of the time and that would solve that.
Nikon D700 w/Nikkor 20mm f/2.8
Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-4.5D ED VR
Nikon TC-14E-III 1.4x AF-S / 2 Nikon SB-800
Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod & mono-pod
Samsung S7 Edge
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:20 PM   #1055
Administrator

jack55:

I want one (the 67 Camaro SS in one of your earlier posts to this thread), or better yet a 68 (since they changed the design so that the rear shocks were staggered with one in the front and one behind the rear axle to reduce "wheel hop"). I just now noticed it (I don't read everything here). lol

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ni...tml#post959268

I had a "loaded" 68 Camaro SS the same color (dark green) some years back with a 396 in it, only mine had a large white band around the front, with white stripes down each side (as Chevy made them). From time to time, I miss it. :-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:40 PM   #1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
jack55:

I want one (the 67 Camaro SS in one of your earlier posts to this thread), or better yet a 68 (since they changed the design so that the rear shocks were staggered with one in the front and one behind the rear axle to reduce "wheel hop"). I just now noticed it (I don't read everything here). lol

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ni...tml#post959268

I had a "loaded" 68 Camaro SS the same color (dark green) some years back with a 396 in it, only mine had a large white band around the front, with white stripes down each side (as Chevy made them). From time to time, I miss it. :-)
Well.. can't blame ya for not reading everything as after all it is has 1,053 replies, 182,822 views and is 106 pages long.

I loved those old Camaro's. I had a hot 69 back in the early 70's:
Nikon D700 w/Nikkor 20mm f/2.8
Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-4.5D ED VR
Nikon TC-14E-III 1.4x AF-S / 2 Nikon SB-800
Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod & mono-pod
Samsung S7 Edge
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2010, 2:15 PM   #1057
Administrator

Yep.. I also had a '69 Camaro later on. But, if I had to choose between them, I'd love another '68. LOL
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:36 PM   #1058

Anyone ever send a P90 back to Nikon for service? I dropped mine and now the lens will not go in or out. Dropped it while sitting on a carpeted floor. I think it landed lens first.
randy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:07 AM   #1059

I think the photographer is the person who makes a nice picture. What do you think?

More pics in my Flickr ...
Attached Images

Last edited by free_991; Dec 18, 2010 at 9:14 AM.
free_991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:15 PM   #1060

Please share your comments.
Attached Images

samirabr2003 is offline   Reply With Quote