Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:30 PM   #101

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
I was driving to my storage along Puyallup River and spotted these birds setting together, Cranes?
They are Double-crested Cormorants, Jack. I see them perched like this on power lines across the Santa Ana River, but can never stop on the freeway bridge to get a picture. Nice opportunity.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:54 PM   #102

Here is a couple from our Sunday drive... that is my wife's flirty cousin in photo.
This is taken on the Oregon side looking across the Columbia River to Washington's famous Mt St Helens.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_St._Helens

It is always tough to get the lighting right with the sky/mountain and dark car.
This was about a close as I could get it to look right.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:56 PM   #103

I took the camera out to my local spot and snapped some shots of my favorite sport. Here are a few gooda ones.

Does anyone have any tips about getting the brightly colored and shiny bunkers to expose correctly along with the dark colored players? Thanks!

Shane
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 2:42 AM   #104

JakAHearts wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone have any tips about getting the brightly colored and shiny bunkers to expose correctly along with the dark colored players? Thanks!

Shane
The only way to improve that is to use the histogram levels in photoshop
Old Apr 21, 2009, 2:45 AM   #105

I had to do some work to get Mt Rainier framed just right with Tacoma's oldest bridge. Crawling through bushes and stuff... see in first photo. The stuff us nuts do to get a shot.

Getting closer to what I want.

This is what I wanted.

Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:15 PM   #106

Hi Jack and all... You guys are the main reason why i got my P90 today and i cant wait to get started... :lol:i am pretty sure it will be great...
Brianng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:58 PM   #107

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
JakAHearts wrote:
Quote:

Shane
The only way to improve that is to use the histogram levels in photoshop
I have no aspirations of being a professional photographer, however, I have NO editing software at the moment. Is Photoshop Elements a good program for small editing jobs like that? Thanks!

Shane
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:42 AM   #108

hi jack..ive been reading all your responses which are indeed very helpful. I note that you also have a Sony H50. I just tried out the Sony H 50 and the Nikon P 80 at the local store. The display in the Sony H 50on the LCD screen is much sharper and does really bring out the colour. I havent yet tried out the P 90 still. Ima beginner and am attracted to the high zoom which Nikon is offering in the P 90 but am confused as thequality and the colour contrastin the Sonyappears to be better. As you use both of them it would be really great if you couldhelp me pick the right one. Thanks
zakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:26 AM   #109

zakir wrote:
Quote:
hi jack..ive been reading all your responses which are indeed very helpful. I note that you also have a Sony H50. I just tried out the Sony H 50 and the Nikon P 80 at the local store. The display in the Sony H 50on the LCD screen is much sharper and does really bring out the colour. I havent yet tried out the P 90 still. Ima beginner and am attracted to the high zoom which Nikon is offering in the P 90 but am confused as thequality and the colour contrastin the Sonyappears to be better. As you use both of them it would be really great if you couldhelp me pick the right one. Thanks
My uncle now has my Sony H50. Yes the Sony had a great LCD screen and is the best I've seen out there. However Sony has their LCD screen set on high to impress shoppers whereas Nikon has their set in the middle. If you set it on high it is just about as good.

I have no negative things to say about the Sony H50 as it is a great camera.
I chose the Nikon P90 as it has a longer Zoom range and the new Sony that replaces the H50 is $100 more.

See my review on the Sony H50 here: quite large at 200 Posts 34,747 views!
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=28

I might add that the Sony H50 had great reviews and came out on top in the superzoom test:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/q109...oup/page16.asp
(note: these were last years models)

Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:52 PM   #110

New to this forum, and I am very impressed with all these great photos, taken with the P90. Can anyone tell/show me how good is the P90, with sequential action photos, I like to go toball gameand in Nikon's ad,theyclaimthis camera is able to shoot upto 15fps.

And also how good is the video quality, I want to use it for B-Day parties.

Thanks

James
6znsx is offline   Reply With Quote