Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 1, 2009, 2:54 AM   #141

I was told by a good buddy of my, and he already did this a few times and got the cash back thru his paypal acct.
Here are a couple of links, you can buy things off Ebay also, just make sure it has the GOLD $ sign, and it needs to be Buy It Now.

http://search.live.com/cashback

http://search.live.com/products/page...px?FORM=CBFA01

To get cash back in Ebay, you need to use www.live.com to search for something popular, like iphone for example, you will go to this page and see the Gold $ sign next to iphone and www.ebay.com, which will tell you about the rebate %

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...&form=QBLH
6znsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 2:27 PM   #142

Hey guys, can you give me some help on setting up my P90, Iam having problem take clear photos, I don't think I have it set up right.

Can someone tell/show me how to insert photos here?
Old May 1, 2009, 2:31 PM   #143

Maybe this can work
Resize to fit under the allowed file size, also it was one of the countinuous shot I took last night. Just not clear at all.

Attached Images

Old May 1, 2009, 7:25 PM   #144

avionnomad wrote:
Quote:
I'm new to this forum as my Nikon P90 just arrived yesterday. After looking at the camera in stores last month, I was finally able to order last week. Anyway, I'm wondering has anyone else noticed the lens assembly moves around a little within the camera body? I don't remember this when I was in the store. The camera I received seems to work perfectly but I'm concerned it may have been knocked around in shipping. Or is the movement of the lens assembly in the design?

Thanks,
JackAHearts wrote:
My lens moves around a lot too. I figured it was part of the image stabalization. If you move the camera, the lens kind of floats and stays put.

Shane

[line]
I finally had a chance to get down the mountain to compare "lens movement". The display camera felt quite rigid (no side-to-side movement of the lens). I started the exchange process today. It will be interesting to see if the next one (arriving on the 5th) will be with or without the "lens movement". Either way, we are headed for the Yellowstone ecosystem and can't wait to let the P90 rip!
avionnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 7:34 PM   #145

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
I'm going to start comparing SuperZoom & DSLR photos here just for fun. Different situations.
I have the Nikon P90 SuperZoom & Pentax K110D DLSR w/ 28-300mm & 18-55mm lenses.
The K110D image seems to have a slight golden tone compared to the P90. Which would you say is more accurate?
avionnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 12:30 AM   #146

avionnomad wrote:
Quote:
avionnomad wrote:
Quote:
I'm new to this forum as my Nikon P90 just arrived yesterday. After looking at the camera in stores last month, I was finally able to order last week. Anyway, I'm wondering has anyone else noticed the lens assembly moves around a little within the camera body? I don't remember this when I was in the store. The camera I received seems to work perfectly but I'm concerned it may have been knocked around in shipping. Or is the movement of the lens assembly in the design?

Thanks,
JackAHearts wrote:
My lens moves around a lot too. I figured it was part of the image stabalization. If you move the camera, the lens kind of floats and stays put.

Shane

[line]
I finally had a chance to get down the mountain to compare "lens movement". The display camera felt quite rigid (no side-to-side movement of the lens). I started the exchange process today. It will be interesting to see if the next one (arriving on the 5th) will be with or without the "lens movement". Either way, we are headed for the Yellowstone ecosystem and can't wait to let the P90 rip!
This has been brought up a few times. Since I'm hard of hearing, I don't hear anything... but I'm sure it has something to do with the Anti-shake / image stabilization. If you are cleaning the lens (and you should from time to time), you will notice that the inner barrel moves slightly. I would imagine it is fairly fragile so be careful and don't bang it around.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 2:32 AM   #147

My Subaru along Ruston drive w/Tacoma & Mt Rainier as a backdrop shot with Nikon P90

Now the same scene without the Subaru, shot with the Nikon P90

Now from the same spot... zooming in

Old May 3, 2009, 2:06 AM   #148

Hi Jack,

I have been reading your comments on this Forum about Nikon P90 quite closely. The information seems to be just great and the pics are as good as they can be. And that photo of yours with a bird on the shoulder is just amazing.
I too have bought a P90 just now and wanted to ask you some questions about it.

Which are the best modes to get max shots as I heard max of 200 shot are available on a single charge? Also what is the max memory that the camera supports as there is no mention about this topic anywhere in the specs?

I am finding the operation a slight complex as I haven't been acquainted with super zooms for long. Where can I get a tutorial that doesn't use excess of those technical words?

I know that's to many questions in the first ever mail I am sending you but I hope you answer them as it wont be time consuming for a pro like you.

Thanking You In Anticipation.

Your Admirer,
Nitish,India
nit90nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 2:54 AM   #149

Nitish,

Which are the best modes to get max shots as I heard max of 200 shot are available on a single charge?
I've been getting 250-300 shots per charge.

Also what is the max memory that the camera supports as there is no mention about this topic anywhere in the specs?
I don't really know the max, but i know it takes up to at least 8GBs.

I am finding the operation a slight complex as I haven't been acquainted with super zooms for long. Where can I get a tutorial that doesn't use excess of those technical words?
Just get familiar with the manual, follow this forum on it and then get out and use it. Experiment. That is the best way.

You have a great camera... enjoy using it.

Cheers,
Jack