Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 3, 2009, 5:50 PM   #11

RichardK wrote:
Quote:
Excellent pictures Jack. I am so impressed with this camera. I Got a Olympus 590 from the same Store to Compare cameras.

Have to tell you I am disappointed in the Olympus. Feature for Feature the Niokon has the Olympus beat, hands down. Thats my humble opinion anyway.

Have to get the Olympus back to the store within the next few days, the Tec is very good to me in this way. I guess so as I have bought all my cameras from him.:-)

Richard.
I can tell you personally I liked the Nikon P90 better than the Canon SX 10 ISand Olympus SP590 as I tried all three out in Best Buy (for 2 hours) before I bought the Nikon. With all 3, I shot zoom full range, macro, flash, no flash etc and compared. I read the reviews on all three before going down too. They are all impressive cameras so it is going to be a matter of preference for many folks.

Quote:
hey man, i found your review on the p90 via google. i just bought the p90 a week ago. i was wondering if you could help me out. 1st let me say i dont know jack about cameras lol. so far i have everything set up the way it is out of the box but i changed the picture to fine and 16x9. just wondering if you could help me out with setting it up. i have no idea what 90% of these things do lol. thanx alot
I got the above via IM. The best thing to do is like I said in my first post... to sit down and read the manual and have the camera next to you. The best way to learn is to try out the different settings that interest you. It takes pretty darn good photos just using the "Program" mode as all the shots above were done with that. I haven't even started playing with the many other settings yet, but will.

So that said, if you get stuck or have questions by all means ask here as my other review on last years Sony H-50 was like this one and grew to 10 pages, 199 post & 33,307 views long! Many questions were asked and answered in those threads.

jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 8:10 PM   #12

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
RichardK wrote:
Quote:
Excellent pictures Jack. I am so impressed with this camera. I Got a Olympus 590 from the same Store to Compare cameras.

Have to tell you I am disappointed in the Olympus. Feature for Feature the Niokon has the Olympus beat, hands down. Thats my humble opinion anyway.

Have to get the Olympus back to the store within the next few days, the Tec is very good to me in this way. I guess so as I have bought all my cameras from him.:-)

Richard.
I can tell you personally I liked the Nikon P90 better than the Canon SX 10 ISand Olympus SP590 as I tried all three out in Best Buy (for 2 hours) before I bought the Nikon. With all 3, I shot zoom full range, macro, flash, no flash etc and compared. I read the reviews on all three before going down too. They are all impressive cameras so it is going to be a matter of preference for many folks.

Quote:
hey man, i found your review on the p90 via google. i just bought the p90 a week ago. i was wondering if you could help me out. 1st let me say i dont know jack about cameras lol. so far i have everything set up the way it is out of the box but i changed the picture to fine and 16x9. just wondering if you could help me out with setting it up. i have no idea what 90% of these things do lol. thanx alot
I got the above via IM. The best thing to do is like I said in my first post... to sit down and read the manual and have the camera next to you. The best way to learn is to try out the different settings that interest you. It takes pretty darn good photos just using the "Program" mode as all the shots above were done with that. I haven't even started playing with the many other settings yet, but will.

So that said, if you get stuck or have questions by all means ask here as my other review on last years Sony H-50 was like this one and grew to 10 pages, 199 post & 33,307 views long! Many questions were asked and answered in those threads.

thanx man. heres some pics i took today with it. i think the 1st two came out pretty good. but i cant get a decent flame pic.

[img]file:///C:/Users/vinnie/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-24.jpg[/img]

Vinnieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 9:25 AM   #13

Hi Jack.

Would a Higher Speed work re the flame.

You are a lot more experienced with cameras than i am so that is only a suggestion.

Richard.:idea:
RichardK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:04 PM   #14

RichardK wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jack.

You are a lot more experienced with cameras than i am so that is only a suggestion.

That or cut the ISO. The whole photo is blurry/grainy so I think the high ISO would cause that. Put it on tri-pod, and not let it go past 400 ISO. I'll light a candle tonight and try some settings to see what works best.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:43 PM   #15

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
RichardK wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jack.

That or cut the ISO. The whole photo is blurry/grainy so I think the high ISO would cause that. Put it on tri-pod, and not let it go past 400 ISO. I'll light a candle tonight and try some settings to see what works best.
i had the camera on the counter so it wouldnt move, i do have a tri-pod tho. correct me if im wrong but, to adjust the shutter speed dont you either put it on S or A and hit the +/- on the dial?
Vinnieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:56 PM   #16

Seems like it works on Both Jack. I have not messed with that as yet. Looking forward to the Pic when u figure it out.

Richard.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 3:18 PM   #17

Vinnieb wrote:
Quote:
i had the camera on the counter so it wouldnt move, i do have a tri-pod tho. correct me if im wrong but, to adjust the shutter speed dont you either put it on S or A and hit the +/- on the dial?
You use the rotating dial at the back upper right corner to change the Shutter speed.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 3:22 PM   #18

Just took this one Jack, playing around. Itook it with Museum Mode on Macro. It will take time to get it right.

Old Apr 4, 2009, 3:27 PM   #19

This one i took at extreme Zoom, hand held and through the Living Room Window.

Richard.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 3:28 PM   #20

Vastly improved... your getting there. That is part of the fun with this camera is learning to use it.

I have to go out until tonight. I hope to try the candle shots tonight.