Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 27, 2009, 4:25 AM   #281

just got my P90 yesterday and it is awesome !!!
allenz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 11:53 AM   #282

I want know whether the Landscape "Scene" mode is OK for taking outdoor photos or should I make the use of P,A and S modes and make the necessary changes?
Do both... that is what is fun about this camera. I use all kinds of settings to see what works best... remember film is cheap!

Also, is the Macro mode OK for close ups and whether manual setting is essential for those close in shots?
Yes macro mode works good and you can experiment with other settings as well.

I'll be out on a trip to one of the most beautiful hill stations of India, Mahabaleshwar (Maharashtra). And I don't want to come back without those beautiful landscapes in my camera.
Remember... film is cheap. Fire away and many different settings of the same scene and you'll get good ones.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 11:54 AM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenz888 View Post
just got my P90 yesterday and it is awesome !!!
Congrats! You'll love it, especially that long zoooooooooom!
Old May 27, 2009, 1:49 PM   #284
SAH

Bought this camera this past weekend at bestbuy. After buying it i started to read the reviews of this camera and found many just slamming it. I am not one to believe most reviews(especcially by socalled professionals) because I have bought other things before and even though the review was bad i liked it and found some reviews of certain things to be good and i didn't think it was all that. So any way I got the camera out and started to use it. I then started seaching other reviews and found this site. I can say this gentleman who started this review has it right. Although this camera does has some limitations such as a high ISO it more than makes up for it in other ways. I was always an SLR person and was skeptical of the point and shoot camera but so far this camera has performed exceptionally well and is producing some great photos. i hope to dwell deeper into the different functions of this camera over tome. I am especcially intrigued by the panoramic help option. Seems that might be a cool feature to use. I basically used some of the automatic features of the camera to get these shots.

Here are some photos from the top of the building i work at:
Paul brown stadium

Union terminal in cincinnati

FT washington way with GABP in back ground

throwing football in paul brown stadium. This was at the full 24x zoom

Last edited by SAH; May 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM.
Old May 27, 2009, 3:03 PM   #285

One thing it shows it the fantastic zoom range... worth the price alone.
Try buying a DSLR lens in that range!

Union terminal in cincinnati

FT washington way with GABP in back ground

Carson palmer throwing football in paul brown stadium. This was at the full 24x zoom

One thing it shows it the fantastic zoom range... worth the price alone.
Try buying a DSLR lens in that range!
Old May 27, 2009, 7:46 PM   #286

As for macro mode... I took this photo in P mode with manual focus. I feel it works better than the macro scene mode.

Shane
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 8:16 PM   #287

SAH-

Welcome to Jack's Group. That is a nice group of photos that you posted, Jak-a-Hearts thanks for the good looking Macro.

Now for some real time news! I corrected what has been a long standing error today. While, I do own the Nikon P-80, after reading several reviews on the Nikon P-90, I decided to go ahead and order a P-90.

I know, it is not a Pentax K-10 like Jack just purchased, but I am thinking that it will be a fun camera. It is supposed to be delivered on Friday, May 29th. So I will be posting some photo over the weekend, before we head off again on Tuesday, June 2nd to Barcelona for 6 more weeks of teaching.

Yes, I know, Jack, another camera. I have more of them than I can possibly use. Think of it this way, some folks love chocolate, and can't purchase enough. Well, I like cameras and have an unreasonable number of them.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 10:38 PM   #288
SAH

Here are a few close ups using the close up function on the scene selection. I am impressed with just the auto functions of this camera and can't wait to get into the different adjustments and features. I also messed with the panoramic function a bit today and it works really good. I hope to do a complete one and post it soon.

Old May 27, 2009, 10:39 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
SAH-

Welcome to Jack's Group. That is a nice group of photos that you posted, Jak-a-Hearts thanks for the good looking Macro.

Now for some real time news! I corrected what has been a long standing error today. While, I do own the Nikon P-80, after reading several reviews on the Nikon P-90, I decided to go ahead and order a P-90.

I know, it is not a Pentax K-10 like Jack just purchased, but I am thinking that it will be a fun camera. It is supposed to be delivered on Friday, May 29th. So I will be posting some photo over the weekend, before we head off again on Tuesday, June 2nd to Barcelona for 6 more weeks of teaching.

Yes, I know, Jack, another camera. I have more of them than I can possibly use. Think of it this way, some folks love chocolate, and can't purchase enough. Well, I like cameras and have an unreasonable number of them.

Sarah Joyce
I would like to think that these threads/posts on the P90 helped your decision on getting it...

Can't wait to see the expert posting some with the Nikon P90!
Old May 27, 2009, 11:18 PM   #290

yeah the zooooom!!! is sooo cool and the macro mode can really take close shots.
allenz888 is offline   Reply With Quote