Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 29, 2009, 8:24 PM   #311

Well the battery is at least partially charged-

Traditionally, I always take the first photo with any new camera of my husband of 52 years. So here is my first P-90 photo. It is nothing unusual. More photos to come tomorrow.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 12:04 AM   #312

folks-

I really was not pleased with my first Nikon P-90 photo.

So later in the evening, I shot a second photo. Perhaps it was a verification. But to be truthful, I honestly wanted a better photo. This is that photo.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old May 30, 2009, 12:16 AM   #313

A word of caution, please-

Looking at the P-90 LCD, in most cases, I have been very unhappy/dissatisfied with my P-90 photos. However, when I take them to my favorite photo editing program they are actually pretty good photos.

Does that jive with what you have been experiencing? It seems a bit cock-eyed to me. However, when I process the photos, they look pretty darned good. So I have moved ahead and posted those photos with a good deal of success.

That seems a bit strange to me. But then again, that is what photo editing is a about. I will leave it at that and wish you all a very pleasant good night.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; May 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old May 30, 2009, 1:04 AM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post

Looking at the P-90 LCD, in most cases, I have been very unhappy/dissatisfied with my P-90 photos. However, when I take them to my favorite photo editing program they are actually pretty good photos.

Does that jive with what you have been experiencing? It seems a bit cock-eyed to me. However, when I process the photos, they look pretty darned good. So I have moved ahead and posted those photos with a good deal of success.

That seems a bit strange to me. Bu then again, that is what photo editing is a about. I will leave it at that and wish you all a very pleasant good night.

Sarah Joyce
That's about right. It is nowhere as bright as the Sony H50 LCD which is the best I've seen to date. However, you can turn up the brightness of the LCD which improves it a lot.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 4:41 AM   #315

What do you mean by Motion Detection in P90?

How Does it help?

Also it's often recommended that we use it with VR. Why So?
nit90nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 7:39 AM   #316
SAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post

That seems a bit strange to me. Bu then again, that is what photo editing is a about. I will leave it at that and wish you all a very pleasant good night.

Sarah Joyce
Yea that is probably one of the weak points of this camera. I personally think that looking through the view finder shows a better image. Myself I prefer the view finder to the LCD when taking pictures anyway even on my old diamage Z1 I would use the view finder for photos.
Old May 30, 2009, 10:01 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit90nat View Post
What do you mean by Motion Detection in P90?

How Does it help?

Also it's often recommended that we use it with VR. Why So?
Motion Detection is useful for action shots of any kind. When you have it set on that, it will pick a faster shutter speed to stop action. It helps with VR as that does the same thing, stop camera shake and blurring in action photo's.
Old May 30, 2009, 3:08 PM   #318

Thought I'd join the thread a throw in a few pics to see if I have them sized right. I'm in Western North Carolina and it georgous out today.
Attached Images

featherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 3:23 PM   #319

Welcome to the forum! Absolutely lovely pictures!
Old May 30, 2009, 3:43 PM   #320

Thank you, but there's got to be something wrong with these pics. The P90 can't be the perfect camera? And I'm no photogrpher.
featherhead is offline   Reply With Quote