Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:29 PM   #361
SAH

Thanks jack. I guess i knew the answer and i have a decent tripod so that is what i will do. That is a awesome picture you are difenitely getting the most out of the P90!!! Yea i had a couple the other night of the moon that did not turn out to bad so i figure with more learning i should be getting better pictures.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:37 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAH View Post
Thanks jack. I guess i knew the answer and i have a decent tripod so that is what i will do. That is a awesome picture you are difenitely getting the most out of the P90!!! Yea i had a couple the other night of the moon that did not turn out to bad so i figure with more learning i should be getting better pictures.
Your making a point I want to stress. On getting the most out of the P90.

There as been some negative and so-so reports on this camera.
My shots will prove otherwise. As with any camera, it is learning to use and maximizing it. The Nikon P90 will hold it's own with any camera out there if you learn to use it. Part of the problem is Nikon put a lot of features into this one, so to me, it is more of a advance shooters camera. If your strictly a point and shoot person, sure some of the other "simpler" cameras may out shoot the Nikon in AUTO mode.
I did NOT buy it for for the AUTO mode.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:33 PM   #363

...very nice moon/city shot.

What mode/settings did you use???
mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:55 PM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoney View Post
...very nice moon/city shot.

What mode/settings did you use???
ISO 100, f/4.5, Exposure time 2 sec.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:42 PM   #365
SAH

A couple more shots. Just got out in the back yadr messing around. Most are as is except some cropping.

Last edited by SAH; Jun 4, 2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 1:18 AM   #366

That macro of blue flower is real nice!
Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:46 AM   #367

Hello and holy cow i love this camera. A few years ago I was shown this site when me and someone were debating cameras as we were both to get new ones. I am not a professional photographer, but i am a professional mom of a teenager So I like taking photos of him, and I used to be a graphic artist... so I do like getting creative. I had stuck to my beloved Kodak, cuz really, for my purposes, Kodak has never failed me.

The other day my grandfather, for no reason what so ever, sent me a little money telling me to get a new camera. I have decided that I want to take that money and put it towards something that I might be able to use to dabble in a bit and learn more about. So i have been searching. And this thread has got me wanting the p90 sooooooooooo badly! I have just the right amount of money right now to go pick it up, but if I did we would be without food or gas or any bill the next two weeks (did i mention im a struggling single mom?)

anyway, my anxiety in me is afraid that this camera will dissapear by the time I have enough money. I know, not logical. If anything it might come down in price? But I do have a question

I am visioning photos of my sons races. Hes a cross country and track star. Do you feel this camera would be good with a optical zoom (not mixing in digital) and in a sports mode? Or would I expect pics of some very blurry fast runners? I saw the football ones, and also the bird ones that were done in the "burst mode" but i am not quite sure....

i mean, this photo below was taken on my iphone and i am wondering if this particular camera with the outstanding zoom would be the same..i know iphone vs real camera, not the same, but what i see here is a moderately clear everything except my kid whos a blur.
icebluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 9:52 AM   #368
SAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack55 View Post
That macro of blue flower is real nice!
Yea it was not bad. The only thing I see wrong is the closer yellow part seem a bit blurred but other than that it did not turn out to bad. I know that is more me than the camera. Still learning . The more I learn about this camera the more I just say WOW!!!

Iceblues this is definitely a camera that would stop your son in his tracks with a nice sharp picture but would also be a camera that you would have to make the right adjustments to get that nice shot. Low light is probablty the weakest link to this camera but as stated and demostrated by jack it is something a tripod could cure easily. If you buy this camera just be prepared for some ugly pic's at first then as you learn it you will start to see some fantastic shots that will amaze you. I have yet to regret the purchase that i made.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:20 AM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluess View Post
I am visioning photos of my sons races. Hes a cross country and track star. Do you feel this camera would be good with a optical zoom (not mixing in digital) and in a sports mode? Or would I expect pics of some very blurry fast runners? I saw the football ones, and also the bird ones that were done in the "burst mode" but i am not quite sure....

i mean, this photo below was taken on my iphone and i am wondering if this particular camera with the outstanding zoom would be the same..i know iphone vs real camera, not the same, but what i see here is a moderately clear everything except my kid whos a blur.
There is no comparison to the Nikon and iphone, not even close. In good lighting (by that I mean, not night time) the Nikon will be great. I shot those football photo's from waaay up in the stand too. Plus, that Scub Jay was moving a lot faster than your son will be. You will be OK with the Nikon.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:06 AM   #370

Quote:
There is no comparison to the Nikon and iphone, not even close
hehe of course not. Using that pic was the only way i thought i could describe what i am concerned about with a camera that has that much zoom. Although, i do think that iphone pic is cool in a wierd way

oh i wish i could just buy that camera today
icebluess is offline   Reply With Quote