Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:50 AM   #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluess View Post
ok, played a bit more and got a little better inside, but right now i am just in my home, so there isnt much to play with. what i would like to see is other people post their indoor pictures, besides the candles. i mean, people/party whatever shots. i guess i want t know if it can be done
I read and saw your pictures. You son looked ok there... handsome boy too.
Using a Gateway like I have too. Of course the photo's posted were small so it is hard to tell what their like full size.

Try flash and without flash. Set your ISO at 200, then 400 for indoor non-flash shots to see if that helps. Get out of AUTO mode, as I've never liked that on ANY camera. Use Program where you can make more adjustments.

Now push your menu button then P/Optimize Image/Portrait or Vivid.
Then push your +/_ button and have it set for one minus (-) step, which is 1/3 underexpose.

When in Program mode, try rotating the Command dial in both directions on the same shots... sort of like bracketing.

The big thing is to play around with the different settings till you find what works best for you and then remember those settings.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:12 PM   #422

So the weather has been anything but cooperative it seems lately. This morning they were calling for more storms and rain this afternoon, so instead of going to the mountains, I headed over to the Butterfly Pavilion and continued working with the macro settings. I feel like I'm getting a little better.
Attached Images

DanainDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:42 PM   #423

Here's one more...
Attached Images

DanainDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:45 PM   #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanainDenver View Post
So the weather has been anything but cooperative it seems lately. This morning they were calling for more storms and rain this afternoon, so instead of going to the mountains, I headed over to the Butterfly Pavilion and continued working with the macro settings. I feel like I'm getting a little better.
Those are REALLY good. Your getting the hang of it!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:22 AM   #425

thanks jack. i will try to learn before giving up. i didnt realize until after i had this camera my excitment for the camera was based on all the shots i have seen on the web, but i didnt realize at the time none of them focused in on indoor people shots... which is what i mostly am. . that being said i got a few good "candid / amateur" photos that i want that i am ok with. didnt use auto, just played around with settings, so i have hope that i am going to love this camera. i also got my moon shot

inside Orca

trying to do a photo i saw on here

woke up and found my son in the pool

Last edited by icebluess; Jun 15, 2009 at 12:45 AM.
icebluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:41 AM   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluess View Post
thanks jack. i will try to learn before giving up. i didnt realize until after i had this camera my excitment for the camera was based on all the shots i have seen on the web, but i didnt realize at the time none of them focused in on indoor people shots... which is what i mostly am. (so not a insect girl). that being said i got a few good "candid / amateur" photos that i want that i am ok with. didnt use auto, just played around with settings, so i have hope that i am going to love this camera. i also got my moon shot
I think your well on your way. You've improved a lot since your first shots!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:25 AM   #427

Great shots everyone... the flower ones are amazing! I got a shipping notice on my camera yesterday saying it will be here by Thursday. I was pleasantly suprised when I checked the tracking this morning and found that Amazon is shipping it from Seattle which means I could see it as soon as tomorrow. Hooray! I've got some beautiful flowers blooming in my backyard and I'm anxious to get out there and start messing with those settings before I head to the beach.
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:41 AM   #428

Can anyone give an detailed procedure of posting photos here without going through photbucket?

Also please include the resizing procedure?

Lots of photos but not one medium(other than photobuscket) to post it here...thats my story!

Nitish
nit90nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:30 PM   #429

Default New owner Nikon P90

I am very new to cameras and bought the above. This is a pic of the momma bird nesting just outside my window. The note of interest here is that it is shot through a window screen. Now, I'm no expert and would like to hear anyone's critique but, I am just so darn happy with it! Easy to use and the more I get into the menu, the more I am pleased with my options.

Lana
Attached Images

LanaWainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:42 PM   #430

LanaWainman
Quote:
Originally Posted by nit90nat View Post
Can anyone give an detailed procedure of posting photos here without going through photbucket?

Also please include the resizing procedure?

Lots of photos but not one medium(other than photobuscket) to post it here...thats my story!

Nitish
You have to have your photo's posted somewhere besides on your computer to post here.
It looks like you figured it out!

LanWainman, glad you like your new camera. It is fun to use and to learn how to use the many features. Cute Bird!