Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:59 PM   #431

Quote:
You have to have your photo's posted somewhere besides on your computer to post here.
Not so. All you have to do is click on the paper clip icon at the top of the edit window to post an attachment directly from your computer. A popup window will appear in which you can locate the photo (up to 12 0f them, reduced by you to the proper size), select it, and click upload. You can check its placement in the post by using the preview feature before you submit the post. The number assigned to the attachment is the forum's index number and not your file name, so to avoid confusion, add them one by one and not all at once.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:41 PM   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
Not so. All you have to do is click on the paper clip icon at the top of the edit window to post an attachment directly from your computer. A popup window will appear in which you can locate the photo (up to 12 0f them, reduced by you to the proper size), select it, and click upload. You can check its placement in the post by using the preview feature before you submit the post. The number assigned to the attachment is the forum's index number and not your file name, so to avoid confusion, add them one by one and not all at once.
I didn't know that... that's great, now I won't have to upload to my server all the time to post them.... I will try it right now.
Attached Images

jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 6:43 PM   #433

Quote:
Now, I'm no expert and would like to hear anyone's critique but, I am just so darn happy with it!
Hi there, to me thats all that matters! This camera has some great features to take great shots, but a lot of times you see some photos being dissected by different people (parts are overexposed, etc). not necessarily here, but in a lot of places. but that doesnt bother me.

I love this camera cuz of what it can do, but in the end alls i am in it for is great memories of people and things i love, not for a prize winning photo in national geographic

your bird is great
icebluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2009, 4:59 AM   #434

Thanks penolta
Thats what I wanted to know because uploading to some server and then posting it on here tend to get a bit tedious.

But again the photos by P90 are huge. So what amount of resizing is required. I suppose that the max size allowed to attach is 253.9 kb.

Nitish
nit90nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:06 AM   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit90nat View Post
Thanks penolta
But again the photos by P90 are huge. So what amount of resizing is required. I suppose that the max size allowed to attach is 253.9 kb.
Nitish
800 pixel width size for resizing and saving at about 50-60% does the trick.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:11 PM   #436

My camera arrived and I was able to get it out of the box and play with it for a little bit on my lunch hour. Took one picture of one of my cats but didn't get a chance to upload it. I'm now going to be naughty and probably spend the afternoon reading the product manual at work... hee hee hee!

Last edited by Lissa; Jun 17, 2009 at 5:20 PM.
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:31 PM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
My camera arrived and I was able to get it out of the box and play with it for a little bit on my lunch hour. Took one picture of one of my cats but didn't get a chance to upload it. I'm now going to be naughty and probably spend the afternoon reading the product manual at work... hee hee hee!
My kind of lady!
It's always fun getting a new camera!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:02 PM   #438

No new pictures tonight, just had to tell you about my find of the day. I was in Wolf Camera picking up some prints and decided to peruse the clearance section, and came across 2 sets of Nikon EN-EL5 batteries with leather cases of a different camera for $12.00 each. I grabbed them right up. I know I could have gotten off brands for less, but at nearly a quarter of the retail price, I don't feel bad for paying a little more. Now I'm pretty sure I can hike all day or even backpack for a couple of days and not run out of battery time. Woohoo!

Last edited by DanainDenver; Jun 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM.
DanainDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:06 PM   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanainDenver View Post
No new pictures tonight, just had to tell you about my find of the day. I was in Wolf Camera picking up some prints and decided to peruse the clearance section, and came across 2 sets of Nikon EN-EL5 batteries with leather cases of a different camera for $12.00 each. I grabbed them right up. I know I could have gotten off brands for less, but at nearly a quarter of the retail price, I don't feel bad for paying a little more. Now I'm pretty sure I can hike all day or even backpack for a couple of days and not run out of battery time. Woohoo!
That is a excellent price... especially when I paid $40 for mine two months ago.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:30 PM   #440

Yeah, they are still $40 at BestBuy and even the battery solo at the camera shop. But for some reason, they were getting rid of this package deal, perhaps the camera cases are for a discontinued model, I'm not sure. The sets also had a lens cloth.
DanainDenver is offline   Reply With Quote