Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:12 PM   #461

Default Bought the P90 6-20-2009

I've taken about 300 photos with it so far. I think I got a lemon. I get a greenish cast on all of my photos throwing the colors off. But with a little work in Adobe PSE this is what I get.

You can see the greenish cast I'm talking about here.
http://www.pbase.com/zippyzx3/nikonp90

Macro shot using the tilt screen and the camera close to the ground.
ZippyZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 1:33 AM   #462

i LOVE that zippy! i am not a flower girl, but i would blow that up and put it on my wall! its awsome!
icebluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:23 PM   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluess View Post
i LOVE that zippy! i am not a flower girl, but i would blow that up and put it on my wall! its awsome!
Thanks, I'm not a flower girl either. But a flower guy. Love taking photos of flowers.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 2:41 AM   #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakAHearts View Post
I think earlier in this post someone mentioned that you can hold the shutter button halfway after taking a pic and it would hold the focus. I cant seem to make that happen on the P90. Were they refering to another camera perhaps?

Shane
Shane,
It does happen on P90 itself.Try and gently press the shutter button doen halfway and the camera starts gaining focus. It doesn't show a sudden change but surely enough change in focus to get noticed after the pic has been taken.

The area of green square is the one that will have the best focus available while the other will be a little blurred. As I said it could not be recognized while taking the pic but does make a difference when view the pics later.

I hope this helps.

Nitish
nit90nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2009, 6:51 PM   #465

I understand that aspect. I meant after you take a picture, I thought it was possible to retain that focus for the next shot so that the camera wouldnt have to refocus to take another shot. Is that possible?

Shane
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:30 AM   #466

Default The P90 does HDR

Trying out HDR with my P90. The camera only does +-1 in bracket mode.

Tim

Last edited by ZippyZX2; Jun 27, 2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 9:11 AM   #467

What does HDR mean??
allen888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2009, 6:14 PM   #468

High Dynamic Range.
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2009, 11:39 AM   #469

I just bought this camera and I was really excited to use it. I have read and reread the manual several times. I have been able to take some great outdoor shots of sunsets, flowers, even some good ones of my kids. What I am having a really hard time with is any kind of indoor shot. Now I now that this camera has issues with higher ISO and low light situations.

I took this camera to a child's birthday party last night. It was in a large professional gymnastics gym. It wasn't dark inside and I noticed that other people who were taking pictures with tiny point and shoots were not having to use their flash. I took about 50 pictures and not one turned out. They were all blurry, too dark or had tons of noise. I tried the camera in P, A and S modes as well as trying scenes and manual.

It just seemed that if I did get a shot of a child when they were standing still, it had a ton of noise and was often blurry. I couldn't for the life of me get any kind of action shot. If I got a fast enough shutter speed it was too dark and if I increased the ISO is was too noisy. I know that you can use the continuous sports mode for action shots. Is there a way to get good single action shot?

I am so frustrated. I am ready to just use my old Casio Exslim for indoor use. How can it be that such a cheap camera can take such good indoor shots and the P90 take such terrible ones.

I am by no means anything but an amateur photographer. I know the basics of aperture, ISO, shutter speed. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated
dallgowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2009, 1:08 PM   #470

HI!
Thanks for talikng about the P90!
Iīm going to the US next month and was thinking about getting one.
So I was wondering if you recomend me to buy this camera?
Thanks!!
Simon
simonberton is offline   Reply With Quote