Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:12 PM   #511

Hi All,

Am a newbie learning to use my P90. Here are a few pics I have taken so far.. mostly the same settings... trying to learn as I find some time :-)

Jai

jai.bansal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:44 PM   #512

I love the pink flower and sun through the dark clouds. Awesome pics!
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:57 PM   #513
SAH

Looks like everyone is posting some great Pictures. Jack awesome mountain views and the rest of the pic's posted are amazing.

I was out in the back yard the other day and got a few close ups of some wild flowers and a very small bee having lunch!!

Old Jul 8, 2009, 6:35 AM   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakAHearts View Post
I love the pink flower and sun through the dark clouds. Awesome pics!

Thanks Jak... I am still learning to use this amazing machine. Still haven't got a moon pic yet... it's been cloudy here for the last few months even before I bought my camera :-)
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:08 AM   #515

So you saw the Chicago ledge pics, but that day i was so in my own elements.... concrete and people. so here are a few more from that day.

this women lives near this park and has come there for years, but never once, until this morning did she decide to walk in the water herself

There were pirates all over the city (cuz of a exhibit at a museum)... the pirates were even in the Macy's Window Displays

along lake michigan

icebluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:46 PM   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluess View Post
So you saw the Chicago ledge pics, but that day i was so in my own elements.... concrete and people. so here are a few more from that day.

this women lives near this park and has come there for years, but never once, until this morning did she decide to walk in the water herself

There were pirates all over the city (cuz of a exhibit at a museum)... the pirates were even in the Macy's Window Displays

along lake michigan

Stunning pics.....
Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:59 PM   #517

Hello everyone... so I'm in the same quandry as everyone else was prior to making their purchase! I've read this entire thread today and am really wondering now what to buy... the only other camera I'm considering is the Pentax x70. I have been over on the Pentax forum and found some great shots as well, however this thread alone has provided me with action shots (a must for me).. as well as others. I have done enough research to know the differences between each camera (features, etc)... but I have read that the Pentax provides better image quality.

As a kid (and throughout my adult life until the digital age) I had a Pentax K1000 SLR and LOVED it! I would love to buy the K2000 BUT... don't want to lug it all around again (not fun).. plus want my family to be able to use the new camera. SO.... Jack... since you own a Pentax DSLR... did you consider or try out the X70 - or did anyone else? They are not at many stores... and the stores that have the P90 ... well they are never powered on... anyone out there try the Pentax as well? I'd really like your input.... because it almost seems that these are very similar and it just may come down to what features I'd rather have.. thx!
vampirefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:24 PM   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefish View Post
Hello everyone... so I'm in the same quandry as everyone else was prior to making their purchase! I've read this entire thread today and am really wondering now what to buy... the only other camera I'm considering is the Pentax x70. I have been over on the Pentax forum and found some great shots as well, however this thread alone has provided me with action shots (a must for me).. as well as others. I have done enough research to know the differences between each camera (features, etc)... but I have read that the Pentax provides better image quality.

As a kid (and throughout my adult life until the digital age) I had a Pentax K1000 SLR and LOVED it! I would love to buy the K2000 BUT... don't want to lug it all around again (not fun).. plus want my family to be able to use the new camera. SO.... Jack... since you own a Pentax DSLR... did you consider or try out the X70 - or did anyone else? They are not at many stores... and the stores that have the P90 ... well they are never powered on... anyone out there try the Pentax as well? I'd really like your input.... because it almost seems that these are very similar and it just may come down to what features I'd rather have.. thx!
No, I haven't tried that Pentax X70 model. It would probably serve you well, if you like Pentax and I do like my Pentax DSLR & old K1000. However, I do like the Nikon Tilting LCD screen (the deciding factor for me and believe me, I use it a LOT). You can see it takes good pictures as any out there by looking through these threads. Either camera you choose, you will still need to learn the many features.

I'd find a Best Buy and/or Ritz store and try them both out to see which one you like.

Last edited by jack55; Jul 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:30 PM   #519

Thx Jack... yeah, I must admit.. it's that darn tilt LCD that is also looking pretty good!
vampirefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:45 PM   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefish View Post
Thx Jack... yeah, I must admit.. it's that darn tilt LCD that is also looking pretty good!
Well, I find myself using that tilt screen a lot. There are a lot of times a situation calls for getting low, (like flowers, insect, birds etc) and times where you need to shoot over something. I use my DSLR about 75% of the time and the Nikon P90 the other 25%. If you learn to use that Nikon and some photoshop, it will hold it's own with any camera out there. Yes I use photoshop as any photo taken with any camera can be improved on.

I've been tempted to sell the Pentax K10D just to get the DSLR Nikon D5000 which also has a tilting LCD.

Last edited by jack55; Jul 8, 2009 at 8:48 PM.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote