Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:55 PM   #521

Yeah, I'm a true believer of the digital 'darkroom' as well. I mean... it was just as important with 'film'!!!

Thx for your feedback on your use of the LCD screen - it is enticing. Also, after looking at your action shots from the UW field (I live in Port Orchard by the way).. I was so impressed! You were sooo far away! My son is in high school football and because of that, I am never that distance from the field... I can't imagine what I could do at one of his games. Do you recall how many megapix that was set at - 6? Just curious.. I know it was a LONG time ago. NOT too bad considering how far you were. Anyway, this is another reason to buy a megazoom... I've ALWAYS wanted a telephoto lense.. never bought one for my SLR.. and know how much money I'd have to spend for a decent DSLR and lense(s) - yikes!

I also realize it's understanding how to take a pix... and I'm not too bad myself in that department... I'm really getting excited to actually get excited about a camera again .. if that makes any sense...
vampirefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:02 PM   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefish View Post
Yeah, I'm a true believer of the digital 'darkroom' as well. I mean... it was just as important with 'film'!!!

Thx for your feedback on your use of the LCD screen - it is enticing. Also, after looking at your action shots from the UW field (I live in Port Orchard by the way).. I was so impressed! You were sooo far away! My son is in high school football and because of that, I am never that distance from the field... I can't imagine what I could do at one of his games. Do you recall how many megapix that was set at - 6? Just curious.. I know it was a LONG time ago. NOT too bad considering how far you were. Anyway, this is another reason to buy a megazoom... I've ALWAYS wanted a telephoto lense.. never bought one for my SLR.. and know how much money I'd have to spend for a decent DSLR and lense(s) - yikes!

I also realize it's understanding how to take a pix... and I'm not too bad myself in that department... I'm really getting excited to actually get excited about a camera again .. if that makes any sense...
I buy a new camera every 6 months or so, (I'm a camera addict) and get excited every time I open a new box.

I shot that UW game in the sports burst mode and I believe it is at 6 megapixels, so your not going to blow those up much past 5x7's, maybe 8x10's I haven't tried. But for computer/email viewing and standard 4x6/5x7's it is perfect. I was surprised how sharp it was.

My wife has relatives out at Port Orchard. Beautiful country out there!
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:16 PM   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai.bansal View Post
Stunning pics.....

thank you so much
icebluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:11 AM   #524

I just got my P90 in mid June. Here are some of my pictures.
Attached Images

randy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:19 AM   #525

here is a time-lapse I did with P90.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPYJrhKk3lo
randy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:08 PM   #526

Randy - LOVE that frog pix!

Hey Jack... what do you think of these low light pix from the Pentax x70... my other concern is low light (I know this is a weakness for all cameras) but from what I've seen... the Pentax does better - also that one of the reviews were inaccurate on the higher ISO settings (in that the results were much better than reported).. ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phonema...7616390806979/
vampirefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:35 PM   #527

Hi all...just joint this forum... here are some picts taken by my P90.. Plz do comment... can also be access here http://www.flickr.com/photos/norazwan97

Last edited by norazwan97; Jul 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM.
norazwan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:39 PM   #528

Who want some???

Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:45 PM   #529

Old Jul 9, 2009, 1:24 PM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefish View Post
Randy - LOVE that frog pix!

Hey Jack... what do you think of these low light pix from the Pentax x70... my other concern is low light (I know this is a weakness for all cameras) but from what I've seen... the Pentax does better - also that one of the reviews were inaccurate on the higher ISO settings (in that the results were much better than reported).. ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phonema...7616390806979/
I doubt that camera took that photo or it was at a different settings.
I looked at the properties and when it doesn't show the camera or settings, that usually mean it has been seriously altered. A DSLR would have trouble getting it that good at 6400. I think the guy is windy.

You have to copy the pic to your HD and then check the properties as it won't work if you try doing it where it is posted at.

None of the super zooms or other point and shoot cameras do well above 400 ISO, only the DSLR's can.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote