Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:55 AM   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentp916 View Post
&& Does it only blur if you are outside? like can you take pictures inside with flash and have the background blur? sorry guys so much questions about 1 question ;9

Thank You,
Vincentp916
haha Vincent.. take a look...

This is pict taken without flash. Also use Program AE (P mode). Not manual mode. Detail... http://www.flickr.com/photos/norazwa...03200624/meta/
norazwan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:29 AM   #642

Quote:
Originally Posted by norazwan97 View Post
haha Vincent.. take a look...

This is pict taken without flash. Also use Program AE (P mode). Not manual mode. Detail... http://www.flickr.com/photos/norazwa...03200624/meta/
I still couldnt do what you jsut did.. but anyways thanks for the help ahha i dont wanna bother you anymore lol. I think ima jsut go ahead and play with it haha. Thank you ALOT tho. much appreciated

Sincerely,
Vincentp916
vincentp916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:27 AM   #643

Thanks to everyone for their tips on the moon shots. I took this one a few minutes ago. Hand held, no tripod. On the P mode. Im not too sure on what the settings because I dont really know what all the numbers and letters are that come on the screen when taking the shots, but I think they were ISO 100, F 5.0 (????) and there was something just to the left of that that said 100. Anyway, here is the result. Also, I was still getting the white blur until I zoomed in all the way with the digital. Without the digital zoom, it was a white blob.
Attached Images

backofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 7:21 PM   #644

Default help with nikon P90

New to camera's just bought myself the nikon P90. I have to say well worth the purchase.

I have been playing around with it on aperture mode and received some great pictures.

I would like to know which is better the program setting or the aperture?

Some problems I am finding is in low light with the flash I receive a lot of spots any recommendations here would be greatly appreciated.
merling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2009, 7:35 AM   #645

I get the best results from using manual mode with the flash in low light. 1/100th of a second works pretty well at most aperatures. Obviously you'd want to use the biggest possible because if the low light. Anyway, that works for me for most indoor snapshots.
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:29 AM   #646

JakAHearts... What are the settings you used shooting Big Ben, London Eye, etc.... I love those pictures from your honeymoon, I love the colors and the angle on big ben ... Btw, Congratulations!
mossjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 4:27 PM   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossjr View Post
JakAHearts... What are the settings you used shooting Big Ben, London Eye, etc.... I love those pictures from your honeymoon, I love the colors and the angle on big ben ... Btw, Congratulations!
Are you asking about the night time photos? I use manual mode all the time at night. I find that P mode doesnt get the results I like but your mileage may vary. On M mode for the photos of the eye I use 8.0 for the aperature and then set the shutter speed accordingly. I also usually bracket the photos so that I get the desired end shot since what shows on the back screen is generally not what I get when I print the photos. I find that the LCD screen is a bit brighter than what prints out for me but again, I guess that might vary from camera to camera. I have since set the brightness level for the LCD down one or two notches which seems to work pretty well. I get my photos printed from snapfish or Mpix. Both seem to be pretty consistent. Hope that helps!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 4:34 PM   #648

I forgot to mention above that I was using a tripod for stabalization as I used shutter speed in the 2-6 second range. Also, for the big ben shot I believe the one I posted was shot at 5.0 aperture.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:28 PM   #649
P90

Hey jack, does the video have zoom?
P90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2009, 8:15 PM   #650

I'm not Jack, but I can answer that. You can't zoom while recording video, only before starting.
Squalo Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote