mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:34 PM   #652

Anytime, Mrs Joyce!
Squalo Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 4:12 PM   #653

Default Hi all

Hi all,

My name's Ashwin and am from India...

I obsessed over buying another camera for days (just bought a w270 cybershot a few weeks back) before settling on p90... The day i bought the camera home( bought it for $500 here @ 7P.M 15th August :-() I was aghast... I am a novice when it comes to cameras... Ive had a sony w110 for a few years now.. The grains I saw on my lcd(... compared to a sony w270) I couldn't picture using the cam over the w270 with its iauto function...

Then I stumbled onto your topic a few days back... and this has been the single most helpful thread for me... I just love my P90... cant believe just a few days back I was thinking of selling it on eBay ;-) I have a lot of questions to ask you guys but I guess most of it has already been asked and answered... I have been reading your thread and am on page 34 when I felt I just have to drop by n say hi... so here I am... I will go back n read all through it and when I'm done hopefully Ill upload a few pics ;-)

Cheers All!!! HAGT!!!
Ashwin
ashwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:14 PM   #654

Welcome to the thread, Ashwin! I myself did research for weeks and almost made myself sick over it because I had wanted the P90 right away... but had read such horrible reviews... then stumbled across this thread. I have had the camera for a few weeks now and absolutely LOVE it. I have more to learn but have been so impressed with it that I just can't believe so many people dissed it. It just seems they did not take the time to learn the advanced features.
vampirefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:19 PM   #655

One of my first shots in manual mode...
Attached Images

Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:26 PM   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefish View Post
Welcome to the thread, Ashwin! I myself did research for weeks and almost made myself sick over it because I had wanted the P90 right away... but had read such horrible reviews... then stumbled across this thread. I have had the camera for a few weeks now and absolutely LOVE it. I have more to learn but have been so impressed with it that I just can't believe so many people dissed it. It just seems they did not take the time to learn the advanced features.
Hiya... I still have a small voice in me saying I should have tried to get the SX-1(...wasn't available in my place :-() for the remote n full HD videos... But the more I use my P90, farther the voice sounds... lol
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:49 PM   #657

Welcome Aswin-

You have come to the right place. We are here to swap hints, photo techniques, to help you get the most out of your brand new Nikon P-90 Camera. Thanks for posting a photo already.

Here is a hint: when you subject, like the sack of fruit, if the distance is 30 inches or less, you must switch to the Macro or Close-up Mode ( the little tulip symbol) to get a properly focused photo. That is why your image appears somewhat soft or unfocused.

Have a wonderful day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:08 PM   #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Welcome Aswin-

You have come to the right place. We are here to swap hints, photo techniques, to help you get the most out of your brand new Nikon P-90 Camera. Thanks for posting a photo already.

Here is a hint: when you subject, like the sack of fruit, if the distance is 30 inches or less, you must switch to the Macro or Close-up Mode ( the little tulip symbol) to get a properly focused photo. That is why your image appears somewhat soft or unfocused.

Have a wonderful day.

Sarah Joyce
Thank You Sarah... I just finished going through the 66 pages of this thread.. 2 much information for my lil brain :-) this image was from a distance of about 12-15 feet... Do i still switch to macro? Thanks again for your suggestions... I'm uploading one more pic of my Fido!!! ;-) This was taken on auto mode the first day I got the camera
Attached Images

Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:21 PM   #659

Aswin-

Now that is a great looking photo! Well done!

Please read carefully: You only use the Macro or Close-up Mode when the subject is 30 inches (11.8 cm) or less from the camera lens to the subject.

Well done, Ashwin. Fido's photo is great.

Remember that the flash range on the P-90 is limited to 12 to 15 feet (3.7 to 4.6 meters) when the P-90 camera is set to 80 to 100 ISO. You can overcome this flash range limitation by setting your P-90 camera to the "Auto ISO" position. That will increase the flash range out to about 25 feet (7.6 meters).

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:14 AM   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Aswin-

Now that is a great looking photo! Well done!

Please read carefully: You only use the Macro or Close-up Mode when the subject is 30 inches (11.8 cm) or less from the camera lens to the subject.

Well done, Ashwin. Fido's photo is great.

Remember that the flash range on the P-90 is limited to 12 to 15 feet (3.7 to 4.6 meters) when the P-90 camera is set to 80 to 100 ISO. You can overcome this flash range limitation by setting your P-90 camera to the "Auto ISO" position. That will increase the flash range out to about 25 feet (7.6 meters).

Sarah Joyce
Thank you Sarah
..and by "Auto ISO" you mean in the ISO sensitivity settings?