Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:12 AM   #61

Hello
Bought the p90 after doing lots of research and reading different reviews. I am very sad to say that I am dissappointed..
The pictures that I am taking seem off in color(with an orange tint). Could it be something I am doing wrong? How do I reset all setting to see if I changed something without realizing.

I would appreciate any input.

yroberts
yroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:13 AM   #62

Jack-

Please let's be honest. The P-90, just like the P-80, does very well in natural (sunlight)l light. However, as soon as the ISO setting is increased above ISO 200, electronic noise become REAL issue, and your photo quality is very seriously decreased.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:14 AM   #63

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jack-

You have made an excellent beginning. Good Work! I own the Nikon P-80, and frankly i have not been blown away by the p-80. The camera does well outside and with the flash, but it is a real slug at increased ISO settings above ISO 400.

Perhaps the P-90 is somewhat better. I am still having fun with the Sony H-50 and Panasonic FZ-28.

Sarah Joyce
Good to hear from you Sarah! Back home from the cruises?
How many cameras you have anyway? LOL

I think you have to have a DSLR before you see good resolutions past 400 ISO.
Most of these SuperZooms are very good past 400 ISO.
I see I made a miss-quote above. What I meant was:
Most of these SuperZooms are NOT very good past 400 ISO.

Now I have to go back to that post and correct it.
Thanks for catching it Sarah!
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:18 AM   #64

yroberts wrote:
Quote:
Hello
Bought the p90 after doing lots of research and reading different reviews. I am very sad to say that I am dissappointed..
The pictures that I am taking seem off in color(with an orange tint). Could it be something I am doing wrong? How do I reset all setting to see if I changed something without realizing.

I would appreciate any input.

yroberts
You have to be more specific before we can help?
Like were you shooting indoors or outdoors?
Did you make any changes with your settings?
What settings were you using? Auto, P, S, A or?
What were the pictures you took?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:38 AM   #65

Hi All.

I would personaly like to thank Jack for his patience and help. As I mentioned all the instruction books are different., and as Jack pointed out, one has to sit, read , with the camera and really read and practice. I find that hard to do, im 69 and very impatient. I tend to want to "get er Done".

Onething I find great is when in menue, all U have to do is move the Zoom leaver to "T" and the explanation for that item comes up on the screen, very helpfull. (page 13,14)

All Of you "more experienced people" on here are great. Thank You All for your help.

Richard.
RichardK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:19 PM   #66

Just got my P90 yesterday and since the weather has been rotten I spent all day with it just testing sharpness, color and noise. So far I am very impressed. Macros are nice and sharp with good detail and I have determined that noise is not a problem until ISO 400 and even that is acceptable and can be gotten rid of easily with post-processing.
Of course the main reason I bought this was for the zoom and so far so good. I shudder to think what the lenses would cost for my D200 that would cover the same range!
I'll post pics here in a few days when the weather turns nice. So far I am very pleased with this camera!
44Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:28 PM   #67

Now that we have been talking about shooting above the 400+ ISO problem, I don't think we need to worry too much as you won't need to go past that very often. The Optical VR Image Stabilization is so good you can hand hold a lot of indoor shots. For an example, I just shot some pics of Polly, my Nanday Conor with just regular window & overhead lights at 100 ISO, F/4, 1/22sec and a little zooming & cropping and it came out surprisingly well.

Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:32 PM   #68

I've never given much thought to noise problems with these point & shoots. Of course I was brought up using B&W film cameras and I'd rarely use 400 speed film anyway. I think the "problem", if it is one, is mostly in people's heads.
44Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:36 PM   #69

but many ppl say tat panasonic fz28 is better wen compared to the nikon p90 even though it may hav a smaller zoom wen compared the P90 wat s ur opinion...?
fel208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:18 AM   #70

fel208 wrote:
Quote:
but many ppl say tat panasonic fz28 is better wen compared to the nikon p90 even though it may hav a smaller zoom wen compared the P90 wat s ur opinion...?
Well, I chose the Nikon over the Panasonic no question.
Zoom is very important for me and Nikon wins hands down.

The key to the versatility of the P90 is its 24x Optical Wide Angle Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens.