Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:35 PM   #721

Hiiii Sarah!!!! Hows your day going?

I learnt a bit of photoshop... got these videos called watch and learn photoshop... They are great... for noobs atleast... If anyone needs it let me know but i found it on torrents though!

...Anyway is there any rule against discussing torrents here? If so sorry!

Took the following 2 pics today... good?

Ashwin
Attached Images

Last edited by ashwin; Aug 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM.
ashwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:38 PM   #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakAHearts View Post
I like the angled shot. Maybe its my monitor settings but your version looks grainy and blurred compared to the above photo. Looks like a painting almost....
Not your monitor... looks grainy to me too...

Sarah-

There's this friend of mine who loves taking angled shots...

He's the one who will be using my camera besides myself...

So any shot of me will most probably be angled ;-) (unless i take it on self timer)
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:38 PM   #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakAHearts View Post
They look worlds better to me.
Thanks brother! :-)
Old Aug 25, 2009, 7:04 PM   #724

Default Much Better, even Great Photos, Ashwin!

Ashwin-

Your new photos look great. I apologize, I guess level photos are just "my thing." After all I have be in the photography gig for 60 years. I bet you guys can never guess what I did as an occupation for 34 years, as well as having 8 children?? Want to try?

Here is my LEVEL photo. It has been a fun, but very busy, busy day. I got re-hired today to teach digital cameras and software beginning in January by the State University and the Community College.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Aug 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:35 AM   #725

Ashwin, you can almost always get better results, but they have improved a lot. Sarah, I think that picture from Ashwin that you edited is way overprocessed.

This is what I would do -in a hurry- with those parrots.
Attached Images

Last edited by Squalo Bianco; Aug 26, 2009 at 12:16 PM.
Squalo Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:44 PM   #726

squalo-

Each person here in this folder prepares their own photos in the way they really desire. I do not see that anything at all that is accomplished by dumping/critiquing, or complaining about anyone else's post processing techniques.

This is supposed to be a friendly, helpful, sharing, fun, and giving hints folder. If you want to work this folder differently and if you want to be the resident "expert", then I am out of here right now.

Everyone should be able to handle things the way they really want to with every post that they make.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Aug 27, 2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 2:30 AM   #727

Sarah-

I think squalo was only trying to help and didn't mean you any offence...

Everyone heres been really nice to me and I don't want any issues popping up due to me or my pics :-( really, I have learnt more about cameras in the last 10 days than ever before :-)

It was my friend's engagement the day before... and as per our tradition here in India we had a big formal ceremony (... I was the photographer for him and his family :-D)

So I've been learning photoshop and trying to get my photos look good as the photographer for his pheonse's family had a big huge dslr... hope my photos don't turn out sad!!! Lotta work...

Thought I'd reply with a few pics when I have them ready...

...then I just saw this post from you and wanted to jump in and say Don't even think about leaving this thread :-)

...btw you said you got re-hired, thats great! Congrats! Too bad we don't have any digital photography classes where I'm from!

Have a great day!

Ashwin
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:51 AM   #728

Good Morning, Ashwin-

I was not offended at all. I just wanted to make the point that post processing is very much like art. Every artist sees the art piece, or photo, in this case, in their own eye and "tuned" to their own personal preferences. That is a good thing. A photo is an art expression just as much as a drawing or a painting.

I think it is important that there be no so called norm or standard applied to post processing in this folder. I believe that if a norm or a standard is imposed, it will degrade the creativeness of the photos posted in this folder.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:24 PM   #729

I'm astonished. I just expressed an opinion, and in a truly respectful way I believe.

I don't want to look like an expert or something, for I'm not. Too bad you took it that way.

Quote:
This is supposed to be a friendly, helpful, sharing, fun, and giving hints folder.
And I suppose a helpful friend is one who praises everything you do? Not in my book.

No bad feelings here anyway, I'm afraid my line was misunderstood.

Good luck with those engagement pictures, ashwin. Let me know if you want this 'expert' help you process them.
Squalo Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:33 PM   #730

squalo-

If you believe that everyone is supposed praise everyone's photos, then you have missed the point I am attempting to make here.That is not what I am saying at all.

Instead, all that I am asking for is that we allow enough room for each other's creative efforts. Thus, you can say, "I realize that we each view post processing differently. To my eyes, that looks over processed (or has too much contrast, or shows too much saturation, or the like). But the main thing is that you are happy and proud of your finished photo." I am just attempting to illustrate that when something like that is said, there are no hard feelings, and there is room for everyone to express themselves in their photos as they desire. That has a much different effect that just saying something along the lines of "That is over processed (or has to much contrast, or has to much saturation etc). statements like that are totally judgmental, and I hope that we can avoid that in this folder.

We have to allow room for the members of the folder to grow and to improve. So I hope you now understand the point I am making. Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Aug 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM.