Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 31, 2009, 1:59 AM   #741

Hi Guys,

Anyone have any idea on what would be a good photo printer for the P90?

Thanks in Advance,
Ashwin

Sarah-

The guy for the slave flash just got back to me yesterday saying they should have stock of the digislave 3000 by mid-september... sounds good as I need the time to get the money ;-)

Hows your day going?
ashwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:39 AM   #742

Good Morning, Ashwin-

If I am doing a paid job, I do not attempt to print the photos myself. In the final analysis it is less expensive and much les frustrating for me to send them out to a good commercial printer who is an expert.

That is good news on the DigiSlave 3000 flash unit. Please just be certain that it synchs up properly with your P-90 camera. It works fine with my Nikon P-80 camera so it probably work fine with your P-90, just be sure before purchasing the flash, please.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 4:51 PM   #743

I am considering a Nikon P90 as one of my choices because of the amazing zoom mainly. How many frames per second does it shoot and how much lag time between photos? Do you still love it?
tcn1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 9:57 PM   #744

1.0 fps

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:56 PM   #745

Around 1.4 fps (full resolution), up to some 15 fps in the continuous sport shooting mode (3 mp).
Squalo Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:07 AM   #746

Hi guys, I've had my P90 all of two weeks and I'm loving it.

Back in the late 60's in New York city I managed a full service camera shop. Anybody remember Combine Camera based in Hempstead L.I.?

My first decent camera was a Yashica A, twin lens reflex, then a Minolta SR-3 the weird one with the split image rangefinder. That one eventually got traded for the pro level minolta of the time, Maxxum 9000. Then the camcorder bug hit me. I had one of big hunkin' VHS cameras that was almost as big, though not as heavy as today's pro news cameras.

Somehow I lost interest in photography as a hobby though I still sold cameras, this time at Williams, Brown and Earle in Philadelphia.

My personal cameras for a lot of years became compact, carry everywhere film then digitals. A couple of months ago we took a trip to the Rocky mountains and I found myself with a LCD only Pentax digital. I got some good shots in spite of barely being able to see the LCD in the bright sun.

That was the kick in the pants I needed to get something better. I was going to buy a Canon powershot 1200 the only compact I could find with a viewfinder. I hadn't shopped for cameras in quite a few years and now here I was back in the "candy store"

The siren call of the P90 sucked me in and now here I am in this forum and I intend to be here for a while.

Last edited by omnibus; Sep 6, 2009 at 10:10 AM.
omnibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:43 AM   #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalo Bianco View Post
Around 1.4 fps (full resolution), up to some 15 fps in the continuous sport shooting mode (3 mp).
Ive been playing around with it and cant seem to find the single shot full res for sports mode. Is it a part of sports mode or are you in manual mode and playing with the settings? And if so, what are those settings. Ive got a sporting event coming up and want to take single shots at full res rather then the burst mode with low res. Or does it have something to do with continuous H,L and M. Thanks.
backofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:00 AM   #748

Just thinking about my last post, and was wondering if anyone has already done the hard yards before I try it myself. Ive been reading this thread for months now and each time someone has a question about a specific type of shot, someone out there seems to have the answer. So, before I re-read 75 pages, and try and summarize hundreds of posts, does anyone in here have the confidence to do a bit of summary of common type settings for common photos.
eg.
Indoor with natural lighting = M mode etc etc
Outdoor with sunlight = P mode etc etc
Indoor with artificial lighting = P mode etc etc
Sporting events with sunlight =
Sporting events at night time artificial lighting =
Moon shots =
and so on...........
I know its a lazy question, but it may help alot a people like myself if someone has already been doing it on the run. Otherwise, Im happy to do it, but it may take about a year....or 14.
backofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:41 AM   #749

Default My P90!!

Hey guys!
I bought my p90 two months ago, and for the money I invested on it i think i got a pretty good camera
This is the best candle picture i could take with mine...

Sunrise...

Moon...
Took it while there was some light cause didnŽt have a tripod...

Zoom Power

Closer...

I still have a lot to learn on how to take pictures.. but if you read the camera manual, read tutorials on how to take pictures.. youŽll do just fine with it!
Bye and thanks for all the help!!!

Last edited by simonberton; Sep 14, 2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Sunrise...
simonberton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:34 PM   #750

Great pics! Is that the tail of a plane in the sunrise pic?
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote