Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 10, 2009, 9:35 AM   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouye View Post
This will be outside. He is very active and will probably not sit still for more than a few seconds. I was just wondering if someone could give me an exact setting to put my camera on to get the best shots in this situation. Ive tried the auto settings and really dont get the best quality pictures. Please help!
I'll hazard a guess that your problem is shaky, blurry shots. My first advice is to be sure to use the half press of the shutter button to lock focus and eliminate lag, (the fraction of a second delay between the time you press the button and the shot is taken).
Other than that I would set the top dial on sports mode (the running man icon) and when you shoot hold the shutter button all the way down (after you lock focus) for several seconds each time you shoot, this will fire the camera in continuous mode and give you a better chance of a sharp pic.

You can also set the top dial to "S", shutter priority mode and use the thumb wheel to dial in the fastest shutter speed available.

Good luck.
omnibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 2:31 PM   #772

There is an on cam sharpening in P80. Go to Menu-Customize Image-Custom-Image sharpening. HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Hi Ashwin-

That DigiSlave 3000 Flash sells for about $(US) 110.00. And yes, you are indeed correct. I went through the P-80 Menu and did not find any sharpening. That means that any sharpening has to happen in post processing.

Sarah Joyce
rm_camps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 1:57 PM   #773

Default Thanks for the help!

HI Forum,
Because of this forum, My p90 is to arrive today!!! I've read all the pages and looked at all the pictures. Thanks for ALL of the great advice!
I'm taking a photo class, and I'm looking forward to learning to use this new camera.
Sarah, I wish I could take YOUR classes.
ImANewBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 2:05 PM   #774
Super Moderator

best of luck to you. feel free to post your assignment pics in the appropriate forums for some extra feedback.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:23 AM   #775

Hi all,

Ive done some experimenting over the past few weeks and have a couple of simple tips that may help some people. I cant stress the importance of using the flash with this camera. Today I took some portrait shots using a few different modes in what I would describe as being really good light. Sun shining etc etc. I found the face being a little underexposed whilst the rest of the background were perfect. I turned the flash on, took the same shot, and its perfect. Even though there was plenty of light, the flash made all the difference. Also tried a couple of night landscape shots. Put the camera on a tripod, and it worked perfect. Without the tripod, it was pretty terrible. Most of this was based on the P mode. Slowly getting there, and starting to like the camera more and more as I learn how to use it.
backofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:44 PM   #776

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2657/...6ef182fe39.jpg

Last edited by norazwan97; Oct 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM.
norazwan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:45 PM   #777

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2759/...f4fcdd1fe9.jpg
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:47 PM   #778

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2800/...ba3da462e8.jpg
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:49 PM   #779

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2613/...0c08da2365.jpg
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:52 AM   #780

Default Newbie & quite happy w/ P90

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and it's because of this particular thread post that I finally decided to get a P90 myself.

First, a disclaimer. I'm a newbie and someone who, until now, didn't give a damn about cameras as long as it shoots pictures. So probably I'm someone who ranks even below that of an amateur.

I'm from Cebu, part of the Visayan group of islands in central Philippines. The weather as you can see is pretty warm and inviting although a strong typhoon is raging in the north (Manila & Luzon) when these shots were taken today (Oct. 31, 2009)

The following are shots I made using only all default or auto (except for the zoom features).

our youngest child....Vito DiAngelo

joeponz is offline   Reply With Quote