Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:05 AM   #841

BTW.. let ask U one question to u friend.. !! can we take a nice picture without using any accessories..? i mean lens and filter..? as i am a novice photographer so pl guide..a nice camera like dsc-h50 or p90 is sufficient for taking good pictures ..or not thanks..!!
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 9:31 AM   #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim007 View Post
BTW.. let ask U one question to u friend.. !! can we take a nice picture without using any accessories..? i mean lens and filter..? as i am a novice photographer so pl guide..a nice camera like dsc-h50 or p90 is sufficient for taking good pictures ..or not thanks..!!

Of course Jim ! I think Joyce (?) on this forum (MTClimber) has an H50 and has posted great photos from it. Your skills as a photographer are at least as important as the tool you are using.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 9:47 AM   #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim007 View Post

Of course Jim ! I think Joyce (?) on this forum (MTClimber) has an H50 and has posted great photos from it. Your skills as a photographer are at least as important as the tool you are using.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 10:24 AM   #844

Jim-

As frogfish has noted so very well a good photo is a combined effort of the photographer and his or her camera. Creativity and technical skill as a photographer go hand in hand, in producing visually attractive photos that are pleasing to the eye.

So, yes wither the Nikon P-90 or the Sony H-50 are very able cameras.

Have a great day and a Merry Christmas.

Sarah Joyce

P.S. Thanks for the help, frogfish, I was travelling all day yesterday to be with family for Christmas.

Last edited by mtclimber; Dec 24, 2009 at 10:33 AM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2009, 6:40 AM   #845

thanks friend and happy christmas..to all..
Old Dec 25, 2009, 11:38 AM   #846

Merry Christmas to you as well, Jim-

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Dec 26, 2009, 2:14 AM   #847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
I've had both camera's as I started both of those long post/threads. Can't go wrong with either one.

I think it is more important to have the "skills" than the equipment/tools. Really! Good skills will still get good photos from practically any camera. Expensive equipment is no good if you don't know how to use it or if you don't have the eye for lighting and composition.
Nikon D700 w/Nikkor 20mm f/2.8
Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-4.5D ED VR
Nikon TC-14E-III 1.4x AF-S / 2 Nikon SB-800
Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod & mono-pod
Samsung S7 Edge
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:21 AM   #848

thank u all for answering..
I have one question please..!! that is about LUMIX DMC-FZ35 which has 18 optical zoom and RAW format..right..? does that mean we can have a batter control in getting output..and usage of filter and other accessories not required in many cases..? thanks again..sorry if que. found silly..!!!!!!

Last edited by jim007; Dec 26, 2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 1:11 PM   #849

Jim-

Thanks for the posted photo. It looks very good, although marginally over exposed by a very small amount. That over exposure could be easily corrected with a bit of photo editing.

The Panasonic FZ-35 has less optical zoom than the Nikon P-90, but it has slight better image quality and far better numerically high ISO capability. The FZ-35 camera produces much better images without the evidence of noticeable "grain" at ISO settings of ISO 400 and 800.

Both the P-90 and the FZ-35 benefit from accessory slave flashes and the use of filters to adjust the light as it enters the shooting lens. While there is no lens adapter for the P-90 that I am aware of, the FZ-35 does indeed have a lens adapter that allow the fitment of either filters or accessory lens that would create a wide angle effect or an extended zoom range.

What is the geographic location of the waterfall in your photo?

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 27, 2009, 7:30 AM   #850

thank u very much sarah for quick reply..!! Its a dhuvadhar fall near jabalpur (M.P.)- india..picture is taken with olympus 3.2 mp camera basic point and shoot camera..i must admit i like taking pictures but i am novice..and no way near u all guys..hope i will learn something from u..i am planniing to buy new digital camera having a nice zoom and batter image quality..confused among lumax fz35, p90,and sony hs-50..finding answers in your forum..!!
take a look at my second picture..waiting for your advice..!!!

any hope for me to improve...??...!!..haa..ha..!