Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack55 View Post
That would work! I would patent and market that idea as most point and shoots have the media & battery at the bottom, so there would be a good market for this. I'm thinking of a price between $5-$10 for something like this.
I would want one. I'll buy one if you make a extra one. I'd like to have the first one sold and market it for you in my threads.

Yep, I'm a heavy TRIPOD user, even with VR.
Thanks for the opinion and offer Jack. I believe though we agreed to some terms and conditions that we would not use the forums for commercial purposes. I suppose if I did a patent and marketed these nationwide, a 5-10 price would be just peachy. But I'm just a home shop hobbiest and have been selling on Ebay for a half dozen years. I like to think up gadgets to make my hobbies easier. I have a store called the crafter's craftsman and sell under user ID franketrozzo. So basically I go down to my shop and make these 1 or 2 at a time. If what I make sells then I do maybe a dozen at a time. To make it worth my while I'd probably have to sell these for no less than $14.95 and better yet a $19.99 delivered price. My estimate would be $5 cost to make and sell on Ebay. About an hour labor for a $15 profit. So the big question is ... Would a camera enthusiat pay $20 for an accessory like this?
featherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherhead View Post
To make it worth my while I'd probably have to sell these for no less than $14.95 and better yet a $19.99 delivered price. My estimate would be $5 cost to make and sell on Ebay. About an hour labor for a $15 profit. So the big question is ... Would a camera enthusiat pay $20 for an accessory like this?
I'm not sure, maybe if your the only one who has something like that.
I'll take you up on your offer. Just PM me when your ready and I'll take one and do some testing with it too.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:16 PM   #13

Been thinking, if I'm going to sell this item on Ebay, I'll have to contend with listing it among several thousand camera and tripod accessories. Any opinions on what might be a good name for it that describes its use. Tripod extension block? Camera riser post?
featherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:36 PM   #14

I like:
Tripod extension post
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote