Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 10, 2003, 9:51 PM   #1

Default Received my CP 5700 today, have a question

I was expecting my 5700 in a retail box. I ordered it online. I received the camera in a plain cardboard box , about 6.5"x8.5"x 10.5". There is nothing on the outside of the box, except a white sticker with the words Nikon and coolpix 5700. This box was inside the shipping carton.
The camera is in the center of the box, with other items around it. Is this the way the camera is packed when it is shipped? Is this a new camera, "open package", or reconditioned item? Your help please. I am new to digitial camers and want to get things right.
Thanks, bobj
bobj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2003, 2:41 AM   #2

Default Packaging

My 5700 was just delivered today as well. It came in a white box that looked like the sort of box that a new item comes in (with pictures of the camera on the outside of the box).

Sounds like yours is refurbished. If you don't have the original box with the UPC and the serial number I don't think you can get the $100 rebate from Nikon.

-Eric
oswaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2003, 8:19 AM   #3

bobj

A new camera should have come in a Nikon box. What you describe does sound like it came in the original packing. I would first contact Nikon to determine if the camera is new and carries full warranty coverage. Then contact the seller and then contact your credit card company if not satisified.

Phil
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2003, 9:13 AM   #4

Sounds like something is wrong and you can't live with it. Contact Nikon immediately for a check!
Good luck.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2003, 12:17 AM   #5

Default thanks all

Sorry to say that Nikon offered no help. I returned the camera to the shipper today. Write the experence off to education. Looking for a good web site, so I can buying a Nikon 5700 again. Any sugestions? Thanks to all for your help, bobj
bobj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:55 AM   #6

I purchased my 5700 about three weeks ago from www.buydig.com. I had the camera in my hands three days after I placed the order. They will offer add on to the camera via plus selling techniques. They were polite even when I said no.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2003, 10:57 AM   #7

I bought mine from Dell.com. They almost always have 10% off the cameras and then visit www.edealsinfo.com or bens.bargains.net to get additional $30-40 off stackable coupons. S&H is free most of the times and they deliver in about 3-4 days after the order is placed.

I bought my camcorder from buydig.com and they are good...they pitch extras but are very professionals...

Raghav
vanrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2003, 10:58 AM   #8

I am sorry, the website is www.bensbargains.net
vanrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2003, 10:06 PM   #9

bought my 5700 from US1Camera back in the early part of the year. Currently, they're a little higher than other sellers, but you you won't get burned by them. shipping was by UPS, since I wasn't in a rush, so kick back, relax, and track it with the tracking number they give you. It comes out of New York. full mfr warranty card, all new merchandise, with all mfr included accessories, and not a grey market item.
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2003, 10:14 PM   #10

www.buydigitaldirect.com
I bought my 5700 from them about a year ago. Lowest price I could find on the web at the time. Painless transaction and the camera showed up in 2 days. All US warranties. No grey market. Shipped by UPS. Currently $661.00 before $100.00 Nikon rebate! Damn, I should've waited til now to buy one!
cjensen100 is offline   Reply With Quote