Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:16 PM   #1

Default Need your expertise

Hello all,

First let me thank this forum for helping me to decide on buying the P90 Nikon camera. I am not an expert in taking photos, but I have been following this forum for close to 6 months now. After which I decided to buy the Nikon P90. The earlier one was a Sony Digital camera with 1x zoom. I travel places and just keep clicking photos. Your comments has helped me to take this model. Thanks again for your wonderful expert comments.

Now I need your expert opinions and guidance. I totally admit, I have not read the complete user manual. But I am not able to understand the ISO, Sensitivity and terms like that. Please let me know where I can read these basic things.

I have attached a sample photo which I took in the past few days. The image seems to be a bit grainy and not sure why.

I am also providing the details of the photo:
Width - 4000 pixels
Height - 4000 pixels
Horizontal resolution - 300dpi
Vertical res - 300dpi
Bit depth - 24
Frame count - 1
Color representation - sRGB
Focal length - 5mm
F-number - F/4
Exposure time - 1/212sec
ISO Speed - ISO400
Exposure program - Normal

I will be just point, little bit zoom and shoot. What should be the setting that I should freeze my camera at? I take almost 50pics/week with my camera. ...thrilled.

FYI - I work in China for an assignment and keep visiting places during weekends.

Thanks a lot in advance for your guidance.

Regards,
Santhosh
Attached Images

santhosh1456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:33 PM   #2

I believe the picture looks grainy because of your ISO setting, though it looks more grainy than pictures that I take at the setting. In the setting menu, under ISO, make the setting Fixed Range Auto 64-200. That should help. You can even make it 64-100 if you are taking pics in good lighting. Youll need to have the camera in P mode to do this. It looks like you used "Auto" mode for your pics. Hop on into the huge P90 thread in this forum and there will be a lot more people there to help.

Shane
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:50 PM   #3

Thanks a lot Shane. I had used the Program (P) option and set it to 400 and clicked this photo. I will change it to 64 - 200.

Regards,
Santhosh
santhosh1456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:07 PM   #4

Did you try any pics at the lower ISO setting? If not, we can try some other things
JakAHearts is offline   Reply With Quote