Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:25 PM   #1

Default Nikon View NX 1.5.0 problem

Just saw some report of the bug of this software and download and tried it. For the geotag part, it is ok just as before and for the log part, I tried but failed. And also Nikon GP-1 doesn't support trait), I searched the website and just found two models which can support both direct input and traits together. One is Dawntech di-gps (http://www.dawntech.hk/di-GPS/index.htm) and the other is called Easytagger(http://www.e-geotag.com/proInfo.aspx?pid=48), seems like a new product in the market, anyone heard of it?
bryanshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:46 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum!

I have never heard of either of those two items.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 4:30 AM   #3

I've finished my testing of the Easytagger GPS, I took photos in a fixed location and plotted the locations on Google Earth. I also measured my camera position against visual reference points in Google Earth, and was able to measure the deviations against the "actual" position. And to my surprise, it is rather accurate, the deviations is only around 1-3 meters. I then took my Easytagger out in the field to test it out on a long hike through the woods. The Easytagger did take a few minutes to acquire a good signal, but once it locked on, re-acquisition was nearly instantaneous over the next few hours, and the unit never failed to acquire. My photos were all successfully tagged after the unit had initially locked on. My exif data shows that I was locked onto 8 satellites for most of the day.
After I got home, I took the time to install the included Lockr GPS software, which enabled me to easily read the tracking data and plot my path on a map (using either the Lockr map or Google Earth). I've got to say the Easytagger tracker function is amazing, maybe even scary! I didn't realize that it had been tracking my movements every moment it's been turned onto the "All" position since I received the unit a week ago. Wow, it reveals every my movement. My date, my driving etc. It shows every trail my wife and I took. It even shows the path I took right before I put the GPS in the car and turned it off. It shows how I walked to the trunk of the car, spotted an interesting peak on a building, walked up to the building to photograph it, then walked a few feet away to get it from a different angle, and then return to the car. Using the satellite view, it shows the exact parking space I had used. The accuracy of the tracker feature is impressive. Sure, every now and then it shows a deviation of a few feet (3-6 feet?) off the actual path I took, but this is probably where the unit was extrapolating between data points.
The more I use the Easytagger, the more impressed I am with it. Anyone want to buy a brand new, hardly used Nikon GP-1?
bryanshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 10:31 AM   #4

Bryan-

Yes, it is rather amazing how very far we have come in terms of technology. Easytagger and lockr, I have been told, are based on the very same technology that is use in ankle monitors that are placed on house arrest prisoners.

Have a great day and a Merry Christmas.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote