Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 19, 2003, 9:14 AM   #1

Default CP5700 Question ??

I am thinking about purchasing a top-quality 5MP point-n-shoot digicam. I really like the look and feel of the CP5700. Current owners => Are you satisfied? Any work around for the lack of an AF assist beam? How are the skin tones?
agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2003, 9:31 AM   #2

I purchased the camera about a month ago. I really love the camera and the controls over my shooting. Here is a link that helps in low light conditions

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=15342

I have not regretted the purchase of the 5700.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:29 PM   #3

Default Re: CP5700 Question ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiaccio
I am thinking about purchasing a top-quality 5MP point-n-shoot digicam. I really like the look and feel of the CP5700.
The 5700 is not a typical P&S camera. It requires the shooter to understand and play with many settings to get the best shots. If you wish to have a pure point-and-shoot camera, you'd better find another one. Once you have mastered the 5700 you will like keep it for a long long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiaccio
Any work around for the lack of an AF assist beam? How are the skin tones?
To a general user, the AF speed and locking sensitivity are the worst things of the 5700. In general, you can pre-focus, recompose and shoot. But, tracking an object that moves unpredictably is not the strength of the 5700. In low light and/or low contrast situation, the 5700 does hunt and fail. So, choosing a high contrast area for focusing is the way to go.

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500 User Guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2003, 4:54 PM   #4

Shene is correct that the 5700 has settings that need to be used and understood to get the best from the camera. However, it will function as a very good P&S camera in the A mode while you learn more about the camera. If your desire is to only use the camera in a P&S mode then try the new Sony P92.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote