Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 7, 2002, 10:59 AM   #1

Default nikon 5700 the perfect camera?

This camera would fit my needs perfectly and I almost ordered it until I examined many sample photos. Everything was superb except one thing...noise. I'm sorry to say this but after seeing other noise free photos, I could never live with such pixel noise, and so this camera is off my list. Now if they put a Foveon chip inside it, they would have a winner.
nimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2002, 9:21 PM   #2

i have a Sony DSC-P51 and thats perfect. i had 5 cameras so far but the sony one was the best out of them all..

Sony DSC-P51 has a Super CCD HAD

super CCD means ull get noise fre pictures nearly all the times.

HAD means Ull get noise free pictures in the dark or something like that

so im very happy wit my digicam now
mdorani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2002, 12:27 AM   #3

minus short battery life
minus dark lens
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2002, 9:40 AM   #4

Foveon is unproven technology.
I have had my 5700 a month now and have some super noise free photos as large as A4.
Most of my pics are 0n ISO100 equiv, I could understand you apprehention at pictures take at ISO 400 or 800.
I suggest you look again
allant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2002, 10:50 AM   #5

I've been playing with my 5700 for about a week. At first, I was concerned with noise (as mentioned in a previous post "Who here actually has a 5700"). But I was also shooting with everything on automatic, with the digital zoom as well.

Now, I've been playing with the manual settings (this is my first experience with manual photography, so I selected the 5700 for it's superior macro, the great auto, and the ability to learn manual without wasting alot of $$$ on developing...). I have a great, noise free pic to share (don't even ask me what the settings were -- I don't remember!)

You can view the original, untouched image fresh from the camera (my beagle Riley) at <a href=http://yama.clearlight.com/~crowmama/Riley8-7-2002.jpg> http://yama.clearlight.com/~crowmama/Riley8-7-2002.jpg </a>

[Edited on 8-8-2002 by crowmama]
crowmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2002, 2:14 PM   #6

the noise that bothers me the most is sky noise and water noise... especially water noise... the reflection of light from water ripples seems to play havoc with many digital sensors.
nimos is offline   Reply With Quote