Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:07 AM   #1

Default D5000 bracketing question

I am new to the world of SLRs. You guys have an amazing forum here to help out newbies like me! Keep up the good work guys!

So here is my problem.

I am trying to do bracketing on my D5000 and i am having issues with it. Instead of taking 3 pictures at different exposures i am only getting one( like if i select 0.3, i am only getting a picture taken at -0.3 instead of one at +0.3, one at 0 and one at -0.3 ). May be there is some hidden setting i am not aware of?

Thanks in advance
d33pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:19 PM   #2

I am also curious about this... I just shoot in raw anyways so I just started double processing the images that I want to have that effect with. Probably produce better results double processing than you would with bracketing. But I am curious as well on this.
scarface199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:23 PM   #3

Press the info key at the bottom left of your camera once to see your settings. Twice to change them. Look to the bottom right of the menu just above the picture count. You will see BKT OFF. Use the selection dial to highlight it, and then, press OK in the middle. This should answer your question.
Enjoy that camera even more.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:30 PM   #4

The D90 has a dedicated bkt button on the left side beneath the flash button. Hold it down and spin rear dial for number of exposures 2 or 3 and front dial for the exposure value. Enjoy that camera even more.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2010, 6:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33pak View Post
I am new to the world of SLRs. You guys have an amazing forum here to help out newbies like me! Keep up the good work guys!

So here is my problem.

I am trying to do bracketing on my D5000 and i am having issues with it. Instead of taking 3 pictures at different exposures i am only getting one( like if i select 0.3, i am only getting a picture taken at -0.3 instead of one at +0.3, one at 0 and one at -0.3 ). May be there is some hidden setting i am not aware of?

Thanks in advance
Try this one :
Yust hold the button.
When you push the button to short its yust taking one photo
The first one is with the correct exposure.
The next time you push the button short you see the -03 en the next time you push short you see te +3

So just hold the button long (til it stops klicking) and it takes 3 pictures.

(sorry for my poor english but I'ma Dutch , hoop you understand it)
Nick Altena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2010, 6:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIZnquest View Post
Press the info key at the bottom left of your camera once to see your settings. Twice to change them. Look to the bottom right of the menu just above the picture count. You will see BKT OFF. Use the selection dial to highlight it, and then, press OK in the middle. This should answer your question.
Enjoy that camera even more.

I think you just explain here one way on how to put the bracketing on ....
But when this function is on and you don't push the button long enough , it still takes only one of the 3 picture's.
See my message i just wrote....
Nick Altena is offline   Reply With Quote