Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 20, 2003, 8:53 PM   #1

Default Coolpix 5700 internal flash not working

Hello,
I've bought a factory refurbished Coolpix 5700.The internal flash does not work at all.It almost drove me crazy,because indoors,on automatic,the camera needed it,and the stupid thing didn't want to pop up.
Eventually,when it pops up,i get a message : Sppedlight is in the close position.I've read other people had the same problem.Is this something common that happens with this camera ?
I think i might still have a chance of returning it,and i can't make up my mind,if i should go through the pain of sending it back for repair,or get something else.The camera was bought from US,but i'm in Canada,and Nikon Canada will not support the US warranty.

Regards.
Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:18 PM   #2

I had this problem on 3 of the 5700s and the last one i got back from nikon repair i sold it,i didnt even open the box.Tealblue
tealblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:35 PM   #3

Default Re: Coolpix 5700 internal flash not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss
Eventually,when it pops up,i get a message : Sppedlight is in the close position.I've read other people had the same problem.Is this something common that happens with this camera ?
This has been a known problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss
[color=#99FF00][b]I think i might still have a chance of returning it,and i can't make up my mind,if i should go through the pain of sending it back for repair,or get something else.The camera was bought from US,but i'm in Canada,and Nikon Canada will not support the US warranty.
Visit Nikon USA page http://www.nikonusa.com/home.php and follow the "Contact Us" button (in the top portion). Either you e-mail them or call them. Since you have a USA warranty, they should fix this problem. After all this is a known problem since the very beginning. They will perhaps give you a case number. Then, you send in your camera (to New York or California depending on your location) with a description of the problem. A few days later you will receive a "order number" for you to approve the repair. I don't think they will charge you if your camera is still in the warranty period, and they will pay the return shipping charge. Better act as soon as possible. And, good luck.

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500 User Guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:42 PM   #4

Thank you gentlemen for your replies.I will take action right away.I hope that is not going to be an ongoing problem. :lol:
Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote