Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 24, 2002, 2:24 AM   #11

Default Merchant ratings

Don't forget to read reviews of merchants through these sites:

pricegrabber.com
bizrate.com
dealtime.com
shopping.yahoo.com

You can find the lowest price for the 5700 from a merchant has the best reviews and ratings. The ratings provided by consumers like you and me.
piano009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2002, 2:47 PM   #12

You shouldn't be afraid to deal with the reputable NY discounters. They aren't all sharks; just most of them.

B&H is impecable, and I have dealt with them for years. (there are others, I understand) But you won't get the 5700 for $620 from a reputable dealer. I just bought one from IBuy for $958, which is an incredible price. While I don't normally deal with anyone but B&H anymore, I got to know the guy at IBuy when I took a chance on an E-20 a while back. I didn't like the power consumption of the microdrive he sold me, and he took it back even though I had used it, no problem. I figured I owed him some allegience.
Robert Eastburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2002, 2:47 PM   #13

You shouldn't be afraid to deal with the reputable NY discounters. They aren't all sharks; just most of them.

B&H is impecable, and I have dealt with them for years. (there are others, I understand) But you won't get the 5700 for $620 from a reputable dealer. I just bought one from IBuy for $958, which is an incredible price. While I don't normally deal with anyone but B&H anymore, I got to know the guy at IBuy when I took a chance on an E-20 a while back. I didn't like the power consumption of the microdrive he sold me, and he took it back even though I had used it, no problem. I figured I owed him some allegience.
Robert Eastburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2002, 2:49 PM   #14

hey zeddman....I called Abe's of Maine and there's no way they sell the 5700 for $875. They say they've never sold it for that. In fact they said that is their cost. What's up with that? Are you an employee of their's trying to rustle up business?
Lozlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2002, 3:10 PM   #15

If the price is too good to be true, it ain't true, it's total bs. As this original post said, you can buy a Nikon coolpix 5700 for $620. Yes, you can, call them and you will find down, they will tell you that is the price for the camera and you can't use the camera without the accessories, they will try to get you to buy the what so call "camera kit" (inc batt, charger, trap, lens cap, manual, memory device, software etc...and all these should incl at the first place) and with that, you will not believe the total price is going to be, in addition to that, they will also tell you if you want the USA warranty, it will cost extra...end of story...
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2002, 3:12 PM   #16

Just got off the phone with Nikon USA and here's what they said. In order for a Nikon camera to be covered by the USA warranty it MUST be sold by an authorized Nikon dealer. A list of ALL Nikon USA dealers can be found at their site...nikonusa.com
Lozlo is offline   Reply With Quote