Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Feb 9, 2004, 3:13 PM   #1

Default Nikon Coolpix 3700???

I am really interested in buying a Nikon Coolpix 3700 but am not sure how the camera i.e. strengths and weaknesses. If someone can tell me what is good and bad about the camera it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Valentine 8)
dappsplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:41 PM   #2

Hi
Iam the same doubt, did you think in another cam like OptioS ?
Vasco
Vasco DIas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2004, 5:38 PM   #3

Well I bought the coolpix 3700. I have been nothing but impressed with it. It takes good pictures most of the time and is quite an intelligent camera and will give you warning if you are going to take a picture that won't be near on perfect. I love the video mode it takes unbelievable vids to say the least with high resolution, unbelievable frame rate with sound. In sports or continuous shooting mode it takes 3 full resolution shots in a very short amount of time which has been great for mini sequence shots of fast paced sporting activities. The voice activate mode is quite cool as is voice recording and voice tags for images. Pictures in general have been fantastic especially where there is adequate light. I looked at many cams before settling with this one and would recommend it to all beginners and intermediate point and shoot buyers. Check out more on www.dcresource.com and the review on this website..
boics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:21 AM   #4

Thanks I appreciate you response. I'll most likely be picking one up within 2 weeks from now.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:43 AM   #5

I just bought the 3700 and it should arrive today or tomorrow. I did a lot of comparing and decided on the 3700 for a lot of reasons; I'll post my general opinion after I have played with it. My only hesitation was the lack of manual control. I got a great deal on ebay. Don't know if we should endorse any one shop here or not, but if you search on ebay, you will find a great package deal that includes a 256 sd card and a spare battery, both of which are needed to take advantage of the supposed awesome movie mode. Obviously, watch out for gray market on the internet, but from what I can tell, this shop is an authorized Nikon dealer, and not a Fly By Night operation (anyone out there get the Rush reference? how about my name?) Also, if you want to learn more about this camera, check out : http://www.nikondigitutor.com/eng/e3700/index.html. It is an online tutorial. Good luck - I think I made the right choice. PM me if you can't find the ebay reference.
alph seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 4:51 AM   #6

Hello,

i have the Nikon Coolpix 3700 !

http://www.bolzpage.de/

Cant do you looking from this Photos and im not Happy!

Hallo ihr müsst entschuldigen mein Englisch steckt noch in den Kinderschuhen!
Ich habe die Nikon 3700 und bin über das Rauschen bei über ISO 100 etwas entäuscht!
Vorallendingen lässt sich der ISO-Wert garnicht von Hand festlegen!
Die Macroaufnahmen sind verrygood !

Ich für meine Person kann Sie für das Geld nicht empfehlen und würde eine PentaxOptioS oder Canon IXUS vorziehen!

Gruss Mario
marioooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:07 AM   #7

Um...thanks I guess

Chris Valentine 8)
Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:45 AM   #8

I don't know any German, but the photos on the website look pretty good to me. I'm guessing that he's not happy that he can't post the photos directly, but may be wrong.
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:42 AM   #9

Hum, you're wrong.

He finds that there is too much noise in the photo over 100 ISO and that He would have loved to be able to choose the ISO level manually.

But my german is even worse than my english!
niiico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:11 PM   #10

I think too much noise ove 100 iso is pretty common amoung digicams. I have a 4300 with iso 100, 200, and 400. 100 is always great, 200 is usually fine, but 400 sometimes noise is nearly non existent and other times noise on 400 is horrible. Don't know about the 3700, but my 4300 allows me to choose my iso, so I just try to keep my on 100
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote