Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:44 PM   #1

Default Used 5700

Just wondering if anyone here has an idea what I could get for a 5700 that has been used for 10 months. I'm wanting to get a new Digital Rebel but the wife says no till this one is sold/ebayed. Any thoughts?
outlaw4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2004, 1:48 PM   #2

You can buy a new one from buydig.com for $550, after $150 rebate. My guess would be to start at about $400 and hope for the best.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 3:41 PM   #3

hi,

why would you want to sell it?

What is motivating you? I know the Canon is one hot machine, but so is that Nikon.

CC :?
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 1:16 AM   #4

The rebel is not a 10D. If you want to trade up trade UP. A Nikon D100 or Canon 10D . The Rebel is a plastic piece of "chit" lol- although it has its good reviews- so does the 5700. The grass isnt so much greener on the Digital Rebel side. It is on the D100 or 10D side, The 5700 has a magnesium body vs the Rebels plastic body.RELAX!!!
NikonAISNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 7:00 PM   #5

Default inexpensive D1x

i sell you the d1x for 2600 dollars plus shipping if you are interested. It has a buffer upgrade, , firewall cable, audio/video cable, and is in mint condition. Email me at [email protected]
goldjake1788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 11:59 AM   #6

Sorry for no post for a while. Between mother-in-law's hospital time and kids, I have been busy.

I was thinking Digital Rebel from the cost standpoint, plus the option of interchangeable lenses. Plus the ability for pure manual focus. The Nikon is a great little camera. My Sony DSC-D770 spoiled me with all the manual controls and TTL viewing. I would get better if I could better afford it.

I take a lot of racing pictures, and this camera can cause me fits if I'm not really on top of things. It's just not what I need for what pics I take. Even though the pics I have taken with it have come out real well, I just think I can do better with the Rebel or like camera.
outlaw4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 12:12 PM   #7

Default digital rebel

i sell you a digital rebel for 1200 dollars if you are interested through paypal.
goldjake1788 is offline   Reply With Quote